MX5/Miata Thread

MX5/Miata Thread

• Total voters
The Miata needed some major alignment work after the bodywork that was done to it after the crash at Laguna. For whatever reason those body guys really threw out my toe. I was driving down he paddock sideways! So I got it laser-aligned and did some camber changes, now it's all good and handling great. Too bad it was so hot at Thunderhill this weekend, the car didn't really shine in terms of lap times. It was about 115-120 in the cabin, and around 140 or 150 down by the pedals - the exhaust was making my feet bake. But I still picked up a 4th and a 3rd in the races (terrible qualifying for the first race, tons of traffic).

Video of first race, not the best finish, but the most exciting. My team mate is the silver 84. He had some body contact which created a shiv that completely shaved his RF tire down to the cords.

I think the Sealed cars, like mine, were affected by the heat more than others because I got killed on the start by the unsealed cars and they just walked away on the straights.

Last edited:
Heh, Deviate, it'd be a lot better in Austin. The roads are more rewarding for Miatas around there. It's still warm, but when the top down experience involves twists and turns through tree lined roads and low water crossings, it's a lot more worthwhile than in, well, Fort Worth (at least, than the parts of Fort Worth I've spent time in).

What's taking the place of the NA?

Lemmie guess... Hawk brake pads and Bilstein coilovers for the full Spec Miata? If so needs moar Team Dynamics wheels, but of course you've sold it...

WHY?!

Ladies and gentlemen,

It is my honor to introduce the new and improved SCCA:

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/le/level/2011/07/26/scca1.jpg

Founding members:
-BlaRo (Miata)
-Igor (S2000) (not on FG)
-LabCoatGuy (MR2 Spyder)
-LeVeL (Miata)
-Mitch (Miata) (not on FG)

Currently accepting applications from the following models:
-BMW Z3 / Z4
-Caterham
-Fiat 500
-Honda S2000
-Lotus Elise
-Mazda Miata
-Mini
-Pontiac Solstice / Saturn Sky
-Porsche Boxster
-Toyota MR2 Spyder

Automatics are frowned upon. Cone marks are respected.

Lemmie guess... Hawk brake pads and Bilstein coilovers for the full Spec Miata? If so needs moar Team Dynamics wheels, but of course you've sold it...

WHY?!
And he didn't sell it to ME! :sad:

Ladies and gentlemen,

Founding members:
-BlaRo (Miata)
-LabCoatGuy (MR2 Spyder)
-LeVeL (Miata)

-BMW Z3 / Z4
-Caterham
-Fiat 500
-Honda S2000
-Lotus Elise
-Mazda Miata
-Mini
-Porsche Boxster
-Toyota MR2 Spyder

Why does the 500 get in and not my car. They are just as slow :(

Ladies and gentlemen,

Founding members:
-BlaRo (Miata)
-LabCoatGuy (MR2 Spyder)
-LeVeL (Miata)

-BMW Z3 / Z4
-Caterham
-Fiat 500
-Honda S2000
-Lotus Elise
-Mazda Miata
-Mini
-Porsche Boxster
-Toyota MR2 Spyder

Thank God I have a manly car.

mg_midget_cars_classic_cars.jpg

Laterz Fagz.

:p

One of the inaugural rules of the club was that the car had to be able to handle a corner or three, which rules out Beetles....and MGs. :tease:

file.php?3,file=89875,filename=DSC05159.JPG

High performance sports car suspension. :p

One of the inaugural rules of the club was that the car had to be able to handle a corner or three, which rules out Beetles....and MGs. :tease:
Oh? Go ask Blaro how horrible my car handles then, he drove it 2 weeks ago and should be able to make a good comparison. :p Somehow I doubt the fiat can do much better.

One more thing, compared to those cars, the Beetle is friggin huge! It can fit four people inside, for crying out loud.

As apposed to a mini or 500, which have 2 seats. Didn't you bunch shoot down my rear seats as useless like a week ago?

Didn't you bunch shoot down my rear seats as useless like a week ago?
Consistency is not necessary.

Is a Ford ZX2 small and cute enough? Yeah, it's fail wheel drive, but it has only vestigial rear seats, girls seem to think it's cute, and, at least in three-pedal configuration is quick and chuckable (assuming you're a tiny enough person to be able to manipulate the steering wheel without punching yourself in the crotch)

Hey, my car's only 3 inches longer than a Boxster and a bit narrower. It's even lighter :dunno:

Jesus Christ Lev, look at what you've started.

facepalm.jpg

I shall address all concerns:

The 500 is friggin' adorable. Fact. Also, the Abarth is a fun little car!
MGs are just way too gay for the SCCA. What's next, gimp suits and strap ons?
Ford ZX2 - I forgot those even existed.
The S2000 is on the list because my friend's AP2 gets called cute alarmingly often.
The RX8 is not really cute, sorry. It's got four doors and a roof!

Also, you guys (and kat) realize that you're arguing over who gets to be in a club called Cute Small Cars of America, right? I mean, how gay are y'all?? :rolleyes: