MX5/Miata Thread

MX5/Miata Thread

• Total voters
Aaaannnd I just applied for a test drive with Mazda Germany. Let's see how quick they are to respond.

Aaaannnd I just applied for a test drive with Mazda Germany. Let's see how quick they are to respond.

I tried to get into the mx5 experience day in Rostock later this month, but since I heard nothing so far that's probably a no :(

The thing is, with a new one I come out of the configurator at ?30k+. :( I'm not able to spend that much money, so I'll probably have to wait for a Jahreswagen anyway. And given the hype that surrounds the car, it will hold it's value much better than usual...

Holy crap! Was it "because you're a fag driving a gay car" or something?!?
:comfort:

No idea. LA is full of savages, so there's that...

No wonder you sold the Miata. I didn't understood why at the time... :(

That was the last straw. I'd spent some time prior to that wishing I had a car I could drive effectively (my knees bumped into the steering wheel on every pedal lift) and/or a hatchback (who knew I'd care about having a trunk?) and/or a car my fianc?e could drive as well (aka autotragic). She also wasn't particularly pleased with the relatively harsh ride of the Miata, and that wasn't going to get any better with my plans... :D

Last edited:
Cool, high quality POV video :)

My dealer called me about a day after asking for a test drive online, and Mazda Germany called a few days later to check if he scheduled it. :driving: scheduled for the 29th of September, right after 3500km of 'Murica :lol: should be quite the difference indeed.

Last edited:
My dealer called me about a day after asking for a test drive online, and Mazda Germany called a few days later to check if he scheduled it.
Same here. The dealer and I agreed that he'll be calling again once he knows when he'll have a car available.

Same here. The dealer and I agreed that he'll be calling again once he knows when he'll have a car available.

Mine will have it on the 11th, with the weekend looking to be pretty packed already and me leaving on the 16th - no point squeezing in there.

Yeah. I don't think I mentioned it here, but did a bit in #gear and did to friends in person.

TL;DR: Some turd back in LA threw stuff at me while I was in the car at a red light, and it shook me up quite a bit, so I decided that it was time to move on.

Should have punished the m***r. I know I would. And if he was bigger I wouldn't be ashamed to call my mates, cause he overstepped the line quite a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Should have punished the m***r. I know I would. And if he was bigger I wouldn't be ashamed to call my mates, cause he overstepped the line quite a bit.

Oh, I've just realized all the gay jokes potential of that :lol: Well there you go!

Last edited:

Having had literally the same mentality and then frozen speechless at the insanity of the situation, I can't take you seriously unless you've actually owned up to your words.

I was so furious when I eventually reacted that I'm glad I didn't try and follow him. At least one of us wouldn't have walked away that night, and there's no way that's better for me than how my life has gone instead.

But that aside, I saw an ND in the wild last week and the want is strong. I pray to Jebus I fit into these without any modifications. Shitty pic:

RtsrBIG.jpg

Do US car dealers let Johnny Foreigner do test drives?

They might. Generally I've been asked for a valid driver's license, so yours might suffice with a passport?

altoid, AFAIK, the ND is the roomier Miata to date, isn't it?

They might. Generally I've been asked for a valid driver's license, so yours might suffice with a passport?

Might give it a shot if I pass by a Mazda dealership and feel like a little break... if I were them I'd smell zero chance of a sale :dunno:

altoid, AFAIK, the ND is the roomier Miata to date, isn't it?

So I gather. My 04 NB was nearly manageable, and the NC I drove felt ever so slightly more comfortable (though a bit more claustrophobic in other ways), but erryone seems to say the ND wins. I didn't need a whole lot, maybe an inch or two between the steering wheel and my legs, so I might be able to get away with it. Eventually I'll go for a test fitting/drive and see what's what.

Might give it a shot if I pass by a Mazda dealership and feel like a little break... if I were them I'd smell zero chance of a sale :dunno:

Possibly, but some dealers are cool. Say you're on a trip to interview and are almost certainly moving, so you're shopping? :D

So I gather. My 04 NB was nearly manageable, and the NC I drove felt ever so slightly more comfortable (though a bit more claustrophobic in other ways), but erryone seems to say the ND wins. I didn't need a whole lot, maybe an inch or two between the steering wheel and my legs, so I might be able to get away with it. Eventually I'll go for a test fitting/drive and see what's what.

Possibly, but some dealers are cool. Say you're on a trip to interview and are almost certainly moving, so you're shopping? :D

Lunch and a testfitting together on the 19th? :D

Lunch and a testfitting together on the 19th? :D

I'd love to, but I'll be in LA for a friend's triathlon, so no go.

I guess you won't be in LA on the 17th then? :( unless your friend does a very very slow triathlon :p

Hah! I'm in LA on the 19th and 20th, but busy both days. In Santa Clara otherwise.

Hah! I'm in LA on the 19th and 20th, but busy both days. In Santa Clara otherwise.

Your timing suuuuuucks! The only potential overlap would be evening of the 18th, checking into a Hotel in Gilroy that night... right on your door step, by US standards :p