MX5/Miata Thread

MX5/Miata Thread

• Total voters
I filled out a form at FCM for a custom suspension, I'll see what they say. And this will be funded by a big announcement in my life (career-wise) to be made at the end of the month...
The pragmatic in me would be waiting until the announcement actually comes out before making a decision :p

But I'm jealous of you guys. The MX5 parts/scene here isn't that great as compared to US

Last edited:
Mikhael has something like 700f/450r but with Shaikh's re-valved shocks his car rides as well as stock. It's pretty incredible.

Yeah, I'm basically riding on the bump stops because the car can't get any lower...it's not pretty. :(

Blake,

Why not get the slightly less expensive Xida's that are out there? Not like you don't know the people who design the damn kit and have several cars with the kits on them.

Hell they are working on a new, cheaper, design right now specifically for people who want a better ride but like to go and still handle well. IIRC the price point is around $850 new.

Had a nice chat with Shaikh from FCM today...there needs to be more genuinely nice people like him in the world. A custom set of FCM Elites are $1727, which are on par with the Xidas that he discussed with me. I figure it'll take about two months of me saving up (again, big change in November for me) to get them?which sounds doable.

This is what FCM emailed me:
I'm thinking 500-7" front, 400-7" rear for ~12.5/12.75 ride heights, 2.0 / 2.1 Hz which is that nice Dual Purpose/True Sport range like the best high-performance sportscars and sedans.

Dustin, I'll be stopping by 949 on Friday morning to pick up some parts from Alex. I'll talk to them about a demo ride in a Xida-equipped car.

Custom fastback project - finally got the custom glass mounted!

Custom fastback project - finally got the custom glass mounted!

So this weekend I was finally able to mount the glass to the custom fastback that I've been working on for quite sometime now. The fastback originally started out as an Autokonexion fastback...but then I made a lot of major structural changes and made custom compound curve safety auto glass for the top. The changes at first seem visually subtle, but the changes are major and really take the fastback to the next level. When it's done, it should have an OEM quality look to it.

Now that the hard part is done, the rest of the project should quickly fall into place. Just a little bit of finishing work here and there, and it'll be ready to go to paint!

D3yqa.jpg

gU05O.jpg

More pics...
ULMT0.jpg

6efwh.jpg

WUpIS.gif

Re: MX5/Miata Thread

More pics...
ULMT0.jpg

That looks awesome!

This might sound eyewateringly stupid but you'd still be able to use the trunk with that?

yes, the trunk still opens. :)

Yeah, it'll be there, but it won't be painted yet. I need to save up the money to do that.

Woolz, are you doing another tech day soon? With this shiny new job I'll be getting my FCM suspension by mid-November, at the earliest :p

Won't make it for Thanksgiving, though.

Popped my Miata cherry last night when I drove my friend's friend's NB. Was my 2nd time in a Miata, and my first time driving one.

Nm4G6.jpg

I9R5v.jpg

Went out to a dealer with my friend to help him shop for a car (friend's friend worked there), and to be a standby driver incase I could convince him to look at a manual. I couldn't though. He ended up driving 2006 Audi A6 3.2, a 2005 Mercedes C240, and a 2003 Mini Cooper. Just as we were about to leave, I got thrown the keys to the Miata because the owner kept seeing that I was eying it.

It was a really fun ride, except R is where 6 is on my TT, so I had to keep telling myself that theres no more gears when I was in 5th. That and the fartcan exhaust was terribad, but that was a problem with the owner's taste and not the car. The clutch also had an incredibly high bite point, and seemed really light. A feather on the pedal would've been enough to change gears, so that took some getting used to as well. Other than that I couldn't tell much more from my brief drive, but I did like it - though not enough to consider owning one as my only car/DD.

Last edited:
I'm glad I'm friends with this guy.

1996 Mazda Miata: The Jalopnik Review

xlarge.jpg

(Full Disclosure: Mazda wanted me to drive the Miata so bad that they started building them in 1989 and made it so irresistible that I purchased one with my own hard earned dollars. I don't want to say they built it just for me, but I'm pretty sure they did.)

Now I really want to get an NA.

I miss my NA. Once I get everything straight after the divorce maybe I'll get another one.

Now that I no longer have the 323F, I should replace the Sapporo with a NA.

Yes you should.