My '02 Vauxhall Corsa SXi 1.2

vRS

Car(s)
'99 BMW 323i SE
Bought myself my first car the other day, paid ?3200. Drives well, in great nick and only done 53,000 miles which ain't bad for a 6 and a half year old car.

Gave it a wash and wax yesterday but it was sunny so some water sports and wax dust are on the paint. Will be fully detailed though as Ive spent ?100 on products (not even got what I need !!)

Got some plans for it, SRi mesh bumper, air filter and a new cd player with gauges in the spare slot. Also some new front seats; Tigra full leathers or SXi + half leathers are what I'm after. Plus some mats.

Wee engine :lol:

2im5ai0.jpg

Interior
2qntons.jpg

1y20q0.jpg

Exterior
4r84mu.jpg

1hdpnk.jpg

2m2ufev.jpg

23tmdlf.jpg

It even has 4 cylinders! Greedy bastard.

Yeah, and Eco-TEC? How much did that optional extra cost!?!? Too much I imagine.

LOL Nice clean ride vRS. It looks pretty good compared to most old Corsas from that generation.

Last edited:
Be very careful with the sports air filter! You have to do it right, otherwise it will be worse than standard.
Actually, instead of putting a cone style air filter, why don't you look up "drop in" K&N filters, they fit in the standard aibox, but provide better airflow.

Also, LOL at the optimistic speedo. My 1.0 Polo has 200km/h speedo and that is very ambitious, but yours goes one step further to 140mph. I bet it can't reach more than 115mph :)

Be very careful with the sports air filter! You have to do it right, otherwise it will be worse than standard.
Actually, instead of putting a cone style air filter, why don't you look up "drop in" K&N filters, they fit in the standard aibox, but provide better airflow.

Also, LOL at the optimistic speedo. My 1.0 Polo has 200km/h speedo and that is very ambitious, but yours goes one step further to 140mph. I bet it can't reach more than 115mph :)

Was going to get a Pipecross one but I'm going to have a good luck around to see whats best.

115mph? Easy :driving: Well they did 120mph from the factory :lol:

Now for a trip to Halfords, to browse the accessory aisle! After that, Essex!

I'm kidding, I'm kidding....look how angry and stern that Skoda behind it looks. :lol:

Now for a trip to Halfords, to browse the accessory aisle! After that, Essex!

I'm kidding, I'm kidding....look how angry and stern that Skoda behind it looks. :lol:

Actually Halfords have nice mats in the accessory isle :rolleyes:

That my neighbors Fabia; there an even dirtier and stern one in front of the Corsa with a fucked ECU.

Will do a full detail when my Megs APC and brushes arrive.

I did one today; was a nice mild night so just gave the engine some AG engine cleaner and some elbow grease, dressed plastics as well which have really restored the colour. Not better but a clean engine is a happy engine.

Alloys cleaned and given some AG Super resin polish as it gives them some protection and makes them easier to clean (rears have drums so its just the fronts)

Might remove the air filter and clean it as well.

Pics will follow tomorrow.

Last edited:
so what was the Octavia vRS then? im not following, but im normally considered being a bit slow

so what was the Octavia vRS then? im not following, but im normally considered being a bit slow

Dad's car; insurance for me was too high so I bite the bullet and decided to get something for myself.

Cars now covered in pollen :censored:

Washed; polished and waxed :cool:

Didn't do the rims as my Bilberry hasn't arrived yet :cry:

ka0lrk.jpg

rwja55.jpg

ief6sp.jpg

2dk0kus.jpg

332qfzs.jpg

2dgiy5f.jpg

egpt81.jpg

2mxiemp.jpg

jqnjg6.jpg

Those rims would look cracking in white.

Anyway, nice first car, not too expensive, or too new, have fun with it.

Those rims would look cracking in white.

Anyway, nice first car, not too expensive, or too new, have fun with it.

They do; I'd actually get mine done in white if they were in bad nick but there perfect so until I have disposable income they'll be silver.

Leather or half leather seats going in soon. Plus some mats :cool:

Seats will be from a TT by the looks of things.

CAREFUL! Dont make this car too Brap zoooop zooop INNIIITTT ;) Was going to get my mums one when she finished it but in the end she bought herself an Audi TT, pfft selfish!

?3200 for a 02? Well i guess its quite low mileage etc. But yeah try not to tar it with the chav brush. Subtle mods are the way forward tbh.

Lowering +wheels spacers, paint the wheels white and add some SRI stuff as you said and that will be fine. Just dont put a gash bodykit or bean can exhaust.

Keep us updated with the mods mate :) And enjoy the car!

CAREFUL! Dont make this car too Brap zoooop zooop INNIIITTT ;) Was going to get my mums one when she finished it but in the end she bought herself an Audi TT, pfft selfish!

?3200 for a 02? Well i guess its quite low mileage etc. But yeah try not to tar it with the chav brush. Subtle mods are the way forward tbh.

Lowering +wheels spacers, paint the wheels white and add some SRI stuff as you said and that will be fine. Just dont put a gash bodykit or bean can exhaust.

Keep us updated with the mods mate :) And enjoy the car!

Want OEM and Irmscher parts on it only. Fancy a facelift front bumper with mesh lower grills.

At the moment my crankshaft sensors fucked so its getting put on the axle stands tomorrow.

Took that air filter out; wasn't secure in the engine bay and it needs a cold air intake to really be any good so I de-restricted the standard airbox and i'm just going to put a Pipecros element in it as that'll give more performance gains than the cone filter.

Want OEM and Irmscher parts on it only. Fancy a facelift front bumper with mesh lower grills.

At the moment my crankshaft sensors fucked so its getting put on the axle stands tomorrow.

Took that air filter out; wasn't secure in the engine bay and it needs a cold air intake to really be any good so I de-restricted the standard airbox and i'm just going to put a Pipecros element in it as that'll give more performance gains than the cone filter.

With that engine in stock form, no airbox in the world will improve performance by more than maybe 1-2hp, no point in blowing money on them imo.:)