Someone Else's Problem: My '19 2002 turbo

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
Car(s)
Z4.2
The old orange convertible is dead, long live the new orange convertible!

Now with more vroom :burnrubber::driving:

It's a 2019 M240i :woot:

Sadly, the i6 is made of plastic :rolleyes:

It even has a roof...

...but I haven't driven it with the roof up yet :dunno:

Fancy connected stuff is fancy. Does that count as proofpic? :tease:

Still a company car, like the Beetle was. Traditionally my company would lease VWs and Skodas with the occasional Seat and Audi, but VW stopped making convertibles and the S3 didn't make me fizz. I proposed this, they didn't say "no" loud enough :lmao: so here we are.

Last edited:
I like your approach to company cars.

I did mention we're hiring, right? :D

Two from my random visit to the dealership at the other end of the country to lick my car six weeks before the delivery date :wub:

Appropriate parking spot number, methinks :nod:

Shouldn't the BMW logo be aligned with the M logo? :think: Shoddy Bavarian Saxon build quality...

How do you manage to swing such cool cars by the accountants? and how do you get them to say yes instead of shoving you into a diesel Golf Sportsvan?

Nice Supra...I mean, replacement for the Bettle!

How do you manage to swing such cool cars by the accountants? and how do you get them to say yes instead of shoving you into a diesel Golf Sportsvan?

Ask nicely, and work at the right company... plus probably a bit of doing the right job well. My contract just says "a car", and our fleet sales guy does have Aston in his portfolio... :evil:
On my team the most common car is the Octavia RS, there's a Leon Cupra , a Fauxlo-GTI A1, some well-specced Superbs... all petrol :-D
You could say this is a cheap(ish) way to make employees happy. I've had companies ask me to come work for them, and their car policy alone was a big disqualifier such as "must be Audi, must have four doors, CO2 limit" :yucky:

"we can't lease a 2 door car for you"
"it's a company car, those do need a roof"
"a 1.6 should be enough, we don't piss fuel"
"it needs resell value, so only black or gray"
"petrol is expensive, we're only paying for diesel"

that's the average reply i get when i ask for a fun car...

#4 is easy, the leasing company gets to worry about resale value... and I'm sure they'll find takers for both convertibles :nod:
#1 and #2 I'd ask "why?" :tease:
The financial ones are harder :dunno: though the difference in fuel cost is just a tiny fraction of what you as an employee cost overall.

The center cap is just clipped in and can be removed and reseated, or possibly just rotated in place with little effort.

I will attempt that soon, maybe after the first wash... yucky wheels are yucky already :yucky:

@Der Stig indeed. The Beetle was good, this is great.

Speaking of Beetles...

:music:

Proofpic!

...I hope this doesn't get me added to more lists...

God damn, and with colour! Congratulations on the upgrade

What is radio bob?
The only radio station I have programmed in my cars. Very decent rock/metal mix, especially later in the evenings.

Winter is coming, one wheel at a time :dunno:

IMG_20190915_122119.jpg

IMG_20190915_122332.jpg

No damage visible on the flat tyre, will get it swapped when I'm back home... Got a loaner full size winter wheel, so no speed or range restrictions... Feels a bit squishy under load but it'll be fine.

So.... in a few days, someone will send a single wheel from Kiel to wherever the dealership is from which the mobile service sourced the wheel? :D