Someone Else's Problem: My '19 2002 turbo

all is well

I did just remember one complaint - the navigation arrival time calculation appears to be entirely unsuited for Norway.
Say you're in a remote mountainous region, low traffic, speed limits of 80 (~70%), 70 (~10%), 60 (~10%), less (~10%), some roads geographically limited to less... how on earth do you arrive at a projected average speed of ~79km/h :?: :dunno:
Once back in .dk and .de the projection was accurate again.

There was another thing lacking in BMW's Norwegian map data: Usually the eco mode tells you about upcoming roundabouts, speed limit drops, and other reasons to slow down at the exact time you need to lift off to freewheel down in time... except it doesn't in Norway :dunno:

All is still well. Discovered the most useless but awesome feature lately: The fuel tank fill state in the app updates itself at about 2Hz while filling up :lmao: I'll eventually try to make a video when I have a second camera with me.

In the meantime, have a lovely fall day.
PXL_20201011_142950188.jpg

What might have been the last proper snow of the season Monday evening was in dire need of a public service snow plough :blush:

PXL_20210215_205601485.jpg

vlcsnap-2021-02-18-00h47m34s564.jpg

vlcsnap-2021-02-18-00h48m33s728.jpg

Crikey, it's the rozzers! :coplight:
PXL_20210215_204249718.NIGHT.jpg

It seems I missed a milestone earlier this week while on my way to pick up 30µg of RNA :blush:

PXL_20210515_115641798.jpg

All is well :-D and yes, I did add some dino smoothie on my way out of town :nod:

did you check that the engine was still on its place like the light suggested?

First service done at 33000km, first tiny niggle: A week prior the passenger side A-pillar developed a small rattle if roof down and both windows fully up, they fiddled with the window alignment, will observe if that fixed it. Service rep claims it was only off by a minute amount :dunno:

I did just remember one complaint - the navigation arrival time calculation appears to be entirely unsuited for Norway.
Say you're in a remote mountainous region, low traffic, speed limits of 80 (~70%), 70 (~10%), 60 (~10%), less (~10%), some roads geographically limited to less... how on earth do you arrive at a projected average speed of ~79km/h :?: :dunno:
Once back in .dk and .de the projection was accurate again.

There was another thing lacking in BMW's Norwegian map data: Usually the eco mode tells you about upcoming roundabouts, speed limit drops, and other reasons to slow down at the exact time you need to lift off to freewheel down in time... except it doesn't in Norway :dunno:

Another country to add to that list: Italy. At times the nav calculates 70+kph average on *very* narrow alpine twisties... No.

First service done at 33000km, first tiny niggle: A week prior the passenger side A-pillar developed a small rattle if roof down and both windows fully ok, they fiddled with the window alignment, will observe if that fixed it. Service rep claims it was only off by a minute amount :dunno:

4500km later, A-pillar is still silent :thumbup:

Pre-pre-ringmeet-roadtrip-roadtrip in progress ?
PXL_20210728_133432935.jpg

PXL_20210728_091620221.jpg

PXL_20210802_093531157.jpg

^ Nevertheless, he is doing twisties since two weeks, he will drive rings around us in the Black Forest. :LOL:

I love our group roadtrips but driving these roads at one's own pace and with great weather sounds great about now.

Last edited:
I had a look at my front tyres today after the post-trip wash :eek: Seems like they don't approve of a million Alpine hairpins.

PXL_20210817_161033518.jpg

But nice to have the original wheel colour back instead of brake-dust-dark-grey :thumbup:

I had a look at my front tyres today after the post-trip wash :eek: Seems like they don't approve of a million Alpine hairpins.

View attachment 3562171

But nice to have the original wheel colour back instead of brake-dust-dark-grey :thumbup:

You paid for the whole tire, you're going to use it!

You paid for the whole tire
No *I* didn't :shifty:

Had an alignment check done because it's covered by the lease maintenance fee, all is well - so the front wear really was due to the Alps I guess.
Winter wheel swap coming up next week, new summer rubber is planned for April.