My 1965 Ford Anglia 105e

ford-hutt-plant.jpg

The factory during operational years.

_5-Edit-Edit.jpg

Factory nowadays.

Hi there, such a lovely car you've bought there, I'm very jealous! I have two little Anglias that are needing a lot of love (ie lots of work and money) as they have been sadly neglected and mistreated. I see you are also a big fan of Andeh's. He's been so helpful to me and his threads are like my restoration bible :)

My Dad worked in the assembly line at this Ford factory in his school holidays back in the late 50's. He was just a bit too soon to have worked on the 105e Anglias unfortunately but he probably worked on the earlier Anglias and Prefects, Consuls and Zephyrs.

Anyway, enjoy your little car and I'll be following your thread to see how you go.

Cheers,
Dani

(in Australia)

What you call "winter" is an average summer over here, so stop complaining and get your ass over there :p

HAHA...very true, its still very warm here. Im so fussy though, I refuse to get it out even if it look like it might rain :p
I am getting it out tomorrow for the weekend so Ill do the proof photo and hopefully give it a good polish! :)

HAHA...very true, its still very warm here. Im so fussy though, I refuse to get it out even if it look like it might rain :p
I am getting it out tomorrow for the weekend so Ill do the proof photo and hopefully give it a good polish! :)

Rain? Mine spends all summer driving through torrential downpours. :lol:

I thoroughly dry it and keep it in a heated garage though, and refuse to drive in salt.

I thoroughly dry it and keep it in a heated garage though, and refuse to drive in salt.

I refuse to bring it out in the rain...where I live we seem to have fairly decent weather though so its not that often.

You live in the UK, you really have no choice in the matter :p

The Anglia visited its birthplace today - the factory it was produced within at Seaview, Wellington.
Now a Placemaker's (Building) franchise, the factory has been overhauled inside but aside from that still remains fairly similar on the exterior. The people at Placemaker's came out to see the car and invited us to drive in to the back of the building and take photos within the premises.
Very cool being able to see the actual building and what it would have looked like back in the 60's :p

IMG_1461_Large.jpg

Ford factory - Front

seaview-plant.jpg

Factorty as it once was

IMG_1470_Large.jpg

IMG_1485_Large.jpg

In front of Ford office

IMG_1488_Large.jpg

IMG_1498_Large.jpg

IMG_1500_Large.jpg

IMG_1507_Large.jpg

IMG_1514_Large.jpg

IMG_1521_Large.jpg

These are the original cranes on the roof from the days of the Ford Factory

IMG_1524_Large.jpg

The Anglia would exit these doors upon completion

IMG_1538_Large.jpg

IMG_1541_Large.jpg

That's pretty cool, getting to drive back to the old factory and park inside.

The Anglia visited its birthplace today - the factory it was produced within at Seaview, Wellington.
Now a Placemaker's (Building) franchise, the factory has been overhauled inside but aside from that still remains fairly similar on the exterior. The people at Placemaker's came out to see the car and invited us to drive in to the back of the building and take photos within the premises.
Very cool being able to see the actual building and what it would have looked like back in the 60's :p

IMG_1485_Large.jpg

In front of Ford office

IMG_1488_Large.jpg

Nice photos and good to see the original Art Deco features still showing on the building.

Is the Mustang yours as well or someone you know? It looks good.

:cool:

PS Aston got his Panda thread temporarily locked out a while back, because he kept forgetting to post a proof pic.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool, getting to drive back to the old factory and park inside.

It was awesome! The people from the building factory were more than happy to let us take photos and even gave us a 'tour' as such :)

Nice photos and good to see the original Art Deco features still showing on the building.

Is the Mustang yours as well or someone you know? It looks good.

:cool:

PS Aston got his Panda thread temporarily locked out a while back, because he kept forgetting to post a proof pic.

The building is basically as it was when it was closed down after Ford left. Other than a few cosmetic changes on the exterior and interior it is more or less very similar. The Mustang is ours as well, a 1966 Mustang.

I added the proof photo not long ago - its added to the original post for this topic :D

Last edited: