Ownership Verified: My 1984 Ford Mustang SVO and tow rig...

What is the stock time for the SVO? .4 faster than your last 1/4, a step forward for sure.

Are you able to create good boost from a standstill? I have that problem with my STI, can't get any boost without riding the clutch a bit off the line.

I believe the stock '84s ran mid 15s, so about where it was. I can't really build boost at a standstill, I just vary the RPM between 3,500 and 4,000, then slip the clutch to get out of the hole without spinning. It does come on quick and I'll get full boost with in the first 30 feet. The best 60 I got was a 2.07 and ran a 15.13 on that run. The 15.12 had a 2.13 60. This is on 17" BF Goodrich street radials, so I was pleased with that...

Very nice!

Is the sparraticness (<-- is that word?) on the chart a diesel thing?

Thanks Fellas!

Is the sparraticness (<-- is that word?) on the chart a diesel thing?

Not sure what that is about. I wish I had gauges to see if the boost was surging...

Overall I'm happy with the results, it was just for a baseline anyway. Plus the SVO still needs a clutch so I couldn't take it... :mrgreen:

Update: Of course the I got rid of the truck earlier this year, but still have the SVO. Did some upgrades to it over the last few months. Including a 255 LPH fuel pump, larger 35 lb injectors, a newer ECM from the '87-'88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. This has netted a 14.49 @ 93 so far, with a 1.99 short time on regular radials. I've got some stickier tires (Mickey Thompson E.T. Streets) to try tomorrow. Hopefully I can squeeze a few extra hundredths out of the 60 foot to lower the E.T.

I also had it on a dyno today, managed nearly 193 hp and 260 tq. I'll try to get the videos and sheet up soon...

I kinda like the Foxbodies, i've got one myself too, but mine's got the 2.8 V6 currently, but i'm going another route from you, i'm going up to V8, and then stuffing a turbo on that :p well, it's the plan atleast, you only do dragracing with yours? i've kinda been concidering making mine work for AutoX, but i ain't tried mine yet, as it's not running, i bought it as a wreck, so how's the Fox to drive?

Well managed to squeeze more than a few tenths out of it today. Got a 1.90 60 foot and a 14.05 @ 95.76. I ran twice more after that and couldn't quite get a 13 out of it...

Hemily, sounds like a good plan, turbo 8s make crazy power. I have taken it to an autocross, but I don't get to go often because I work at a dragstrip. I hope to get to to a couple in 2009...

Sometimes I move a little slow on fixing things, but I have the transmission apart. It's only a $7 part that failed (bonus points is you can figure out which is the new part and which is the old part):

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/craigb/2009/01/02/thrustwasher.jpg

I'll have to go pickup some seals tomorrow and maybe I'll have it back together. Just in time for something else to let go no doubt... :roll:

Just in time for something else to let go no doubt... :roll:
Story of a gearheads life :lol:. Seeing your SVO is making me really want to hang onto my Fairmont. That's a nice little fox body you've got. Do you have anything else planned for it right now?

Being greedy for more power and faster E/Ts, yes. I hope to get a front mount intercooler (probably this one), a wideband to monitor air/fuel, swap in an 8.8" (just need axles and a rebuild kit), my own set of slicks and skinnes and find two more 17" Cobra wheels like I have for a set of auto-X tires. This will be all throughout the year, but still a few months away from any of it.