Ownership Verified: My 1984 Ford Mustang SVO and tow rig...

You need to come up to Kansas City and pull the aftermarket cracked header off my SVO. Throw that piece of junk in the trash, bolt something better on, adjust the fuel and up the boost. Smokey burnouts in the neighborhood to annoy the neighbors :)

Are these times you ran at Mo-Kan?

SVO TIMING GEAR

SVO TIMING GEAR

Let's hope not, but I do have spares for just about everything manifold wise. Thanks for the compliments! :D

Hello i was wondering if you knew how to set the CAM GEAR or have a diagram i just blew my head gasket as welll and need help with the timing on the cam thank you.

How much abuse can the stock pistons & rods take on the Lima engines? And have you thought about making a tubular exhaust manifold for better turbo spool? :)

I'm not real sure on how much it'll take. I'll find out eventually. As for a tubular manifold I hope to get a Bob's Log at some point or at least port the manifold I have.

Those "BOB" headers look really bad :shock:

And they are really expensive aswell.. Why not just go to your local plumbers shop, buy some pipe, and make one yourself? It's not hard, and it'll sure as hell be better than one of those log type manifolds that don't direct the exhaust pulses at all. :)

The Bob's log is a very good turbo (not sure if I should call it a manifold or header). It may look a bit odd, but works very well.

Well, you could still make a better one yourself for less than 50$ and a few hours of work..

Well after almost a year, the car is running again. Spent that last two evenings replacing the front wheel bearings and the transmission. Need to find a couple of tires and I'll get it back on the road. I plan to take it to an Auto-X this Sunday too. Should be a blast.

Found out last night the guy I sold it to is just trying to flip it. He's asking about twice what I sold it for, he's not going to get that...

Keep us posted :p On a Citro?n forum I frequent a guy sold his very tidy XM for 700 euro or less. The car surfaced on nettiauto the next week for double, and is struggling to sell. The original seller was annoyed, he had hoped the XM would have gone to a good (Citro?n-hobbyist) home.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Capture+_2019-07-02-01-23-47.png

After a very long 8 years I have my SVO back. A friend happened to find it on a Facebook post about how a guy was in the process of buying it from a Mustang salvage about 90 miles from me. The weird part is he had been to the salvage the day before and somehow missed it sitting out front under a carport.

Gena made me stop and wash it on the way home.

Capture+_2019-07-02-01-24-35.png

Capture+_2019-07-02-01-24-17.png

The good news is it's sat most of those 8 years in that very salvage. So it's pretty well as I had left it (save with a few more bumps and bruises in the paint). Except, there's no engine or trans. Have no fear though, I am buying a drivetrain for it from another SVO right here in town. So I hope to have it back on the road this fall.