My 1985 CJ7

Nice dude I like it, I considered converting mine to a CJ grill and hood. you got a nice rig there. keep on Jeepin:cheers:

Wow, some gnarly looking ruts in there. I wouldn't want to take my Toyota through some of that. :p

Looks like a blast! Every now and then I get the urge to start an off roader project...just as soon as finish all my other projects and future projects :D

Nice. I'm probably going to head out today to get my jeep a bit dirty.

Do you tow it to and from the trails?

Do you tow it to and from the trails?

Sometimes. It depends on if I'm camping or not. If I'm camping then we (my dad and I) tow it with the F150 and load all of the gear into the truck. If it is just a day trip, we load up the Jeep and drive that out.

Photos from my trip yesterday.

Right before this one was snapped, when the weight transfered and the front wheel came down, it kept going, the rollcage his the side of the embankment and bounced back onto 3 wheels. I wasn't worried :p

Right after this one, the front tire came down and I was temporarily on 2 wheels, nearly rolled it there too. I still wasn't worried :p

This hole is way deeper than I thought it was.

I really thought it was going to do that time, I was braced in the oh shit position, luckily it didn't go. According to the guy behind me, the left rear tire was about 5 feet in the air and the right rear was barely staying on the ground. I was worried that time.

Only in Texas :lol: It used to be Lone Star Liquor and Donuts but I can't find my picture of that sign.

Oh man, I'm so jelous. I haven't had time to take mine out yet.

I haven't even locked the hubs since I bought it!

I'm going on a road trip down to the oregon sand dunes next week. so I'll be having some fun in the sand and then up to longbeach washington for more sandy fun. But I really want to get out and do some trails.

Thread Resurectus and update.

It has been 5 years since I installed the stereo and I had done a half ass late night job. The front speakers weren't hooked up, the sub interconnect was corroded and falling apart, the main power was simply stuck into the fuse box with a fuse stuffed in behind it to hold it in and the inline fuse hold was corroded, so if you touched it, the power would cut and it would turn off.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyjeeper/2010/11/08/IMG_0298.jpg

Now it is properly wired, with 4 channels and you can touch the wiring without danger of electrocution.

Otherwise, mostly been a holding pattern. Haven't been able to take it out because the rear spring plates are cracked and I need to fix them, eventually.

Also, shockingly, my Alpine CDE-9843, purchased 5 years ago, still works. The Jeep is probably the worst possible environment for a head unit but it still works great. It has endured about 35000 miles of constant vibration, dust and temperature extremes. I wouldn't be surprised if I get another 5 years out of it.

Hope the jeep gets fixed and you get some more epic shots like before :D

Also, i just noticed this image scrolling up
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/11/08/haters.jpg

That looks like a good park!

I kinda wish we had stuff like that around here, because crown land is becoming more and more difficult to 4x4 on due to regulations and closures.

It's been 4 years, but the Jeep has come home! :w00t:

i-vRRDN5N-X2.jpg

It's got 141k on it now, and it runs absolutely perfectly. We just put some new BFG MT KM2s on it. I can't wait to get it in the dirt again, it's been far too long.