Ownership Verified: My 1988 Lancia Delta HF Turbo

Great buy! I took an Integrale Evolution for a spin a while back, and it was a blast!
BTW, how's biking in Italy?

avanti said:
haz said:
BlaRo said:
What a kickass first car. :thumbup:

One can only hope both the driver and the car is still alive one year from today ...

haz

I don't understand why I wouldn't, I am the same age as you, I've had my license sine the day I turned 18 and I've never had an accident. Plus I have survived for 3 years on a Suzuki GSX-R750. Do you always get up on the wrong side of the bed?

well I just assumed first car + it's basically a rallycar, and I don't know which other motive of buying it other than you wanting to have a car which enables a driver to go alittle faster and have a bit more fun than say in a BMW 318... I just know of so many sad stories with this equation before ... stay safe man! I haven't driven in Italy before, but if it's anything like the way the Spanish drove when I lived there - then your chances aren't any better because of that either...

Good luck and stay safe ;)

haz

Haz, its a Delta...not an Integrale. Minimum power for most new econoboxes in North America is around 120-140 horses, and lots of people start off with those as a first car. Hell, lots of people I know back at home started off in their parents' cars...big BMW's, Benz's, even a few learned to drive in 911's - all of which have double the power of the Lancia. And they're all alive and kicking.

that's good to hear ... sometimes it's easy to stereotype out from what first car ppl get .... or bikes for that matter. You don't buy a Kawasaki 9000 Ninjabusa Turbo 9XJ8 to cruise around town :)

haz

Finally a Delta Brother! Amen! :)

Good choice of car! Looks very nice!

Oh that's so nice... the Delta is one of my dream cars because of it's Group B history. And i like the box-style look very much... Proberbly why i own a mk2 Golf :)

Your new car looks really good... :thumbsup:

klutch said:
BTW, how's biking in Italy?
Biking in Italy is great, you should come down here, aren't you in the UK, did you bring your bike, I am confused... :?

haz said:
... Good luck and stay safe ;)

haz
Thanks, will do my best. :D

Svempa said:
Finally a Delta Brother! Amen! :)

Good choice of car! Looks very nice!

Thank you and amen to that :thumbsup:

apack said:
Oh that's so nice... the Delta is one of my dream cars because of it's Group B history. Proberbly why i own a mk2 Golf :)

Your new car looks really good...

But the Delta never participated in group b, just the Lancia S4, which just shared the name with the Delta. The delta 4wd and integrales won the world rally championship 87-88-89-90-91-92.

I don't have my bike here in the UK :cry: But I'm looking at renting one and going to Italy next week, or just flying to Milan and doing some tours around certain car factories near there... ;)

apack said:
Oh that's so nice... the Delta is one of my dream cars because of it's Group B history. And i like the box-style look very much... Proberbly why i own a mk2 Golf :)

Your new car looks really good... :thumbsup:
As Avanti said the Delta that competed in Group B just shared the name with the others. There wasn't much Delta to the car.

HF4WD and Integrales competed successfully in Group A.

avanti said:
Bonus points to the non-deltista who knows what HF stands for... :D
I know, I know. Please ask me!! :clap: ;)

An extra question for the extra clever: What animal is incorparated in the HF logo?

Lancia for a first car :thumbsup:

And 750e... let me get this straight, you got that car with that mileage for 750 FUCKING EUROS???? That is so unfair!!!!! for that kind of money I could get a car of same age but it would be a Corolla or a 323 etc with about 2-300K on the clock.

Avanti do you know Sauro Team in Bolonga? They offer uprated ECU's for a range of cars. Among those your 1600 HF Turbo. Gives an extra 30 bhp. That would give you a slightly better power/weight ratio than a standard Integrale :) You'd probably leave Golf VR6, Reanult Clio Sport, Civic VTI etc in the dust for sure if you don't do that already 8)

www.sauroteam.com

Hey, I actually found the one I drove:

CT2006618541706_2006621211519830.jpg

It was insane! Stock, about 220 horses, but the guy in Japan that had it put some serious money into the engine, and never drove it...when me and a friend were looking at it, it only had 60,000KM's on it, with an upgraded Garett turbo and blowoff valve, ecu and a crazy exhaust - the car sounded mean as hell, and was crazyfast!

klutch said:
Hey, I actually found the one I drove:

CT2006618541706_2006621211519830.jpg

It was insane! Stock, about 220 horses, but the guy in Japan that had it put some serious money into the engine, and never drove it...when me and a friend were looking at it, it only had 60,000KM's on it, with an upgraded Garett turbo and blowoff valve, ecu and a crazy exhaust - the car sounded mean as hell, and was crazyfast!
That's not an Evoluzione though!

No, you're right...I forgot the Evol?zione won't be available to import into Canada until this year...