My 1989 Supra Twin Turbo!

HellsLegion

Car(s)
1965 Cadillac Deville - 1971 Impala 400 Coupe
Hey Guys! I?m brand new here and after downloading and seeding these torrents for days, I figured I should sign up!

I recently purchased my dream Car. I am a supra fanatic (specifically the A70[Third Generation]) Not because I cannot afford an JZA80 but because I just loveeee this car.

Well if anyone knows anything about the A70 chassis you would know in America, you cannot get a twin turbo variant... Its only came with a 3-liter single turbo engine...

Wellllll, Mine got a swap!

The Supra in outside markets came equipped with many inline 6 engines, We will focus only on Turbocharged models

1G-GTE( 2 liter Twin Turbocharged[weaaak])
1JZ-GTE(2.5 Liter Twin Turbocharged [Mine])
7M-GTE(3 Liter Turbo)

Supra people are a lil odd. We downgrade displacement when we swap for a better motor!

The reason I didn?t go for a 7m is because of its horrid design, You go back 4o years to when Toyota released the 2000GT it used a 2M. The last incarnation was the 7M and was showing its age, It is epically prone to Blowing head gaskets because of a poor coolant jacket design.

The 1JZ is the first incarnation of the 2JZ(4th Generation Supra engine)

Ill stop blabbling. If you guys wanna hear more just lemme know. Now on to the Supra!

1989 Toyota Supra
2.5 Liter Twin Turbo
5 Speed Manual
Lowered on Twin Turbo R Suspension setup(from Japanese 1JZ Cars)
3 Inch Downpipe to a 3 inch exhaust with a custom fitted HKS Carbon Ti ending it off.

IMG_283733412.jpg

That?s me next to it when we had a HUGE supra meet at Super Autobachs in Stanton

IMG_3961.jpg

Stock wheels will go soon for some beautiful 1995 BBS RS's...

l_a1856de07629a3b1aef273f90c65a99f.jpg

Which currently reside on my Friend Matt?s car!

blues.jpg

My white N/A supra and my friends Blue N/A on the right.

vpatdx.jpg

1JZ-GTE

IMG_3974.jpg

The Custom Fitted HKS Carbon Ti

Thanks Guys.

Kyle

Nice car. I love those supras :thumbup:

Hah! Reminds me of my Supra forums.

I am the huge dork =] 6'8" limits my car selection.:)

Ah that sucks. I have a similar problem. I am not that tall, only 5'11", but I have very wide shoulders and very thick legs. I can't fit in cars with thick side bolsters and thigh supports.

I would love to buy an Elise some day but I would have to have custom seats made for it because I can't fit in the factory ones.

Dude you look like a huge dork
I think it's the bad camera angle and stance that makes it look like your pants are up to your chest :lol: I was going to say, you're a scrawny wiener just like me! :p

Except I'm 5'7" (same as Hammond! :lol: ) and I'm probably staying this way because of all the medical 'roids I've had to take :blink:

So, I can have any car I want can afford :thumbsup:

That's enough smilies for one post...

--------------

Anyway, nice car! I drove a Supra while I was looking for a new car, but decided against it because I prefer smaller and lighter cars, and the one I drove seemed a bit too good to be true (plus it was unregistered while the guy had it on the road...could have been hot). But, man, did that straight six ever make a glorious howl!

Last edited:
Definitely a sleeper (it looks :yawn:, but I bet it sure doesn't go like that!).

I am thinking about making a video sometime soon. All I have is a Digital camera tho.

The car goes like a bat out of hell. The power flatlines at around 6000 Revs tho.

It also hits fuel cut at around 1bar.
Im also supprised no one has made fun of the color yet ;)

The car is like 36-37** pounds with me in it.

In supraland we call it Gay Blue ;)

Hehe same here.. I had to make modifications on the car, co im around 195 cm and 90 kg :) . So I know how you feel :D .

Nice car dude! :thumbsup:

nice car very clean :) pfssh pfssh!! i like!

That car will look hot with some newer up to date wheels.

Ed