Ownership Verified: My 1990 Peugeot 205 XS

Does it get lift off oversteer very easily? :mrgreen:

With these tires, the front washes wide :) The summers are very grippy in turn. On a gravel road you have to keep an eye on the rear end, it'll catch you if you lift off jerkily :lol:

It's great fun to follow the 205. Despite of my Porsche having summer tires, I had to drive it relatively hard to keep steady distance to the 205. You can see its a light car: despite of slippery tires it changes direction merrily. Like a French guy driving to bakery. The Porsche might be a faster car (with these tires), but driving it becomes quite physical exercise. Amazing what you can get for so little money! And also amazing how huge the transformation has been.

Found a complete Peugeot 106 Rallye Phase II interior in dark cloth for 70 euros. It could be a sensible swap for the 205 ? not a straight swap without modifications, but definitely interesting. My door cards are just grey plastic, so there's no contrast problem there.

NMYpZMS.jpg

nNxemja.jpg

Here we go! Everything fit inside the car neatly, it's now a ten-seater :lol:

Oh, that looks very good, especially as the orginal interior was a bit tired & worn. :smile:

The driver seat will be refurbished, and if these chairs end up getting modified to fit the car, they won't be permanent. But as it is now, the current driver seat definitely needs work.

This was definitely one of the most amusing cars I've driven. From the first press of the throttle you feel that the car is happy to have you onboard and even though it understeered like hell with the winter tires you still had that silly confidence that it's going to turn eventually. :lol:

ZDLeAio.jpg

Better pic of the passenger seat. They have been steam cleaned.

w8v5UB7.jpg

This is what the driver seat looks like now.

Test fit the rear seat. It actually fits quite well! The measurements are very close, only the actual attachment points need some modifying.

Y4fj3TO.jpg

The curvature of the side matches the rear wheel housing.

UXescOK.jpg

The rear seat back is the correct width.

C8rNt0A.jpg

By removing the parcel shelf mount and replacing that with a suitable hook, I can make the seat back attach.

YyvN9Hi.jpg

Here's the red carpet. It needs some more cleaning, but it's not a mess. Might have it professionally done.

Now, when I get the Polo into regular daily service, I can put the Pug aside and start removing the current interior. The old front seats need some new bolsters, which are available aftermarket.

Sierra will have some pre-MOT work and then disposed. I have a buyer for it if it passes inspection.

Sierra is also worth beater money, and if it frees me a spot then I have use for Nettiauto again. :)

Why am i not surprised? :p

A rear-engined Skoda is awesomeness!

I?ve never driven one though :D

A rear-engined Skoda is awesomeness!

I?ve never driven one though :D

I had one as an ice car back before I had my license. 1984 120L, bought for 300 marks in like 1995. It was pretty much pristine, until I got my hands on it anyway. :lol:

I put go-faster stripes on it, took the bumpers off, put some lights on and relocated the battery to the rear footwell. Then I went sideways a lot, reversed into things and finally sold it to a neighbor who drove it for a while before it was turned into a cube.

Last edited: