My 1999 Saab 93 2.0t

Kip_6666

I Bought This Title :o
Been looking for a nice saab for a few months now. And finally found one last week.

It's from 1999, has a 2 litre turbo engine. It's a low pressure turbo version and the engine makes 154HP.
The car itself is a SE, which means it has quite a few options. Cruise control, climate control and heated seats.

So far I'm loving it, drives comfy and it's fast enough for me.

Anyway, here are some photos.

(in before dentist.. :p )

DSC_5997.jpg

DSC_5992.jpg

DSC_5993.jpg

DSC_5995.jpg

DSC_5996.jpg

DSC_5998.jpg

DSC_5999.jpg

DSC_6003.jpg

int.jpg

It's pretty :)

Are there many Saabs in NL? They are somewhat rare around here but since you are like right by Sweden, I'd think you'd have more of them.

It's pretty :)

Are there many Saabs in NL? They are somewhat rare around here but since you are like right by Sweden, I'd think you'd have more of them.

They're not that rare, but you do see them less than mercs and BMWs I think.

Nice Saab, I love 9-3 Coupes, ok they may not be as good handling as a 3-series coupe but there something really nice about them.

Wow that is a really clean looking Saab 9-3. Was it bought brand new?

How much did it cost you? If you dont mind me asking.

It really is a shame that all saabs are fwd (exept for the newer haldex 4wd versions, which are still fwd biased) The old 900's would be real classics if they had rwd like the rest of the cars in their day..

Wow that is a really clean looking Saab 9-3. Was it bought brand new?
It was.. once a long time ago ;)
It looks better in the photos, the paint really shows it's age. Loads of scratches and dents. But it's a 9 year old car now, so it is to be expected.

How much did it cost you? If you dont mind me asking.

It really is a shame that all saabs are fwd (exept for the newer haldex 4wd versions, which are still fwd biased) The old 900's would be real classics if they had rwd like the rest of the cars in their day..

It cost me 4500 euros, and it has done 177000km with a full service history. A lot, but if they're taken care of they should be good for double that :)

I always liked this body style gen 93. Is this before or after the GM ownership deal?

I just wish I liked Saab interiors more.

Yeah, before you know it, he'll finish dentistry school and then we're all fucked!

Wow, that's fantastic!

I always liked this body style gen 93. Is this before or after the GM ownership deal?

I just wish I liked Saab interiors more.

It was already in production before GM bought Saab, but before that GM owned 50% of the company and this car is based on the same platform as the opel vectra (as is the saab 900, which this car followed up). But It's still very different iirc.

I have to say the interior is growing on me. The wood isn't as bad anymore, and it kindof suits the beige seats. Still not pretty, but I'll learn to live with it.

I didn't get any carpets with it and my badge is worn, specially since I cleaned it on Sunday. The plastic flaked off when i ran my finger over it :(
So, I bought brand new carpets and an badge!
Online.. 86 euros with tax and shipping. ouch. (this was also the cheapest site i could find)

In daily use the biggest thing that is bugging me is that it is quite a large car. I'm having quite a bit of trouble parking it. I guess i need a bit of time to get used to it.

Still getting compliments on how pretty it is each day :)

On a side note. Been reading a lot more about these cars. What mainly comes up on websites is that they're very easy to tune. A new ecu plus some plumbing leads to 185 HP, a bit further is a Stage 1 kit which makes 220-ish HP. These are very cheap, 300 euros for the 185 mod, and about 600 euros for a stage 1. But.. this is my first car, and I think it's already quite fast, maybe something for the future...I shouldn't even be thinking about this.

Did some minor things today.

First, my badge was very worn. This is a old pic but the red part flaked off when i washed my car.
oldbadge.jpg

A new one is 18 euros and it's pretty easy to fit. This little detail makes the car look a bit better :)
newbadge.jpg

Sunday someone hit my car while trying to park. Only a little bit thank god, but it did ruin my number plater holder.
plate1.jpg

plate2.jpg

It's not such a big deal, but it does look very messy. And stealing the plate would be very easy. So I bought a new holder, only 2.50 euros. Was expecting at least 10 euros.. yay.

Apparently the old owner(s) have also done this a few times. Just look at all those holes :(
A new plate hides this stuff, but it's still not nice knowing there are several holes under there.
plate3.jpg

But the new one makes everything good again.

plate4.jpg

Thats why jesus came down from heaven and said "America, thou shalt not have front number plates, or in thou case of idiot states making it so, it shalt not be enforced, exept by idiot policemen who need to get laid and get off thine powertrip" :)

AMEN.

Especially the silly US plates. Euro plates look so much nicer.

Sweet Saab! Any plans on turning up the wick? Engstrom tuning? A prancing moose or two?

AMEN.

Especially the silly US plates. Euro plates look so much nicer.

Sweet Saab! Any plans on turning up the wick? Engstrom tuning? A prancing moose or two?

Tuning is very irresponsible, specially with a fwd car. That said I'll be getting my stage 1 turbo kit on Tuesday, the result will be 200+ HP and a hell of a lot more torque.
I'll make a few photos of installing it all.

As for the stickers.. very tasteless. And a friend with a vinyl cutting computer is going to make a few for me :)
Definitely the prancing moose, i just hope it doesn't come out too big.

And this one:
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/04/20/saab_bumper_sticker_001.jpg

Can't wait, and thanks for the compliments.

Good to hear on the tuning and moose news. Saab's don't really show their abilities until you get some tuning done, and boy are they easy and cheap to make faaast.

Torque steer will be your co-pilot. :)