My 2000 Nissan Altima

jayjaya29

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW M3
Yep, here is what I drive day in and day out.

DSC05508.JPG

DSC05536.JPG

Debadged
DSC05744.JPG

DSC06188.JPG

Upgrades thus far:
-Nismo 1.3 Radiator Cap
-Debadged
-PIAA Fog Lamps
-AutoVation.net Grid Series Racing Pedals
-Eccho's TB Spacer
-Injen WAI
-AT Grounding Kit
-Vibrant FSTB
-UR Pulley

And it gets 24MPG :D Its not that fast right now, I need to do the whole exhaust line and then it will be decently fast. The car handles amazingly well for a FWD car, especially with the strut tower bar on, I can take sharp turns at 60MPH with no problem. Tell me what you think.

Looks really good without the badging. Out of curiosity, though, how come you didn't put the driving lights in the corners, where the foglights normally go?

Last edited:
is that the Altima SE-R?

Always thought Altimas were nice cars. Friend of mine had one, not bad at all. Ever thought of looking at the new Altimas? Nissan sure did make a nice step when they made the last models.

Out of curiosity, though, how come you didn't put the driving lights in the corners, where the foglights normally go?

Well when I bought the car they were already there. They are PIAA foglights, they are not bad, very bright. I wanted to relocate them to the hole, but they don't fit in there. My car can come with factory fog lights, but I do not have them obviously.

So basically they just don't fit where they are suppose to go. Once I am done with all performance modifications, I may get factory fog lights and put them in because I think they look much better on this car.

And no my car is not the SE-R. That is the newer generation Altimas, which are nice, but they are somewhat heavy. I wouldn't mind having one with the 3.5 V6 in it, but I am really happy with my car right now.

Mmmm, nice car. I like Nissans :)

I haven't driven an Altima, but my dad has and says that the engine is pretty gutsy for a four-cylinder.

And it gets 24MPG
You mean, city/hwy combined, right? If not, 24MPG doesn't sound all that great for a 2.4 i-4.

You mean, city/hwy combined, right? If not, 24MPG doesn't sound all that great for a 2.4 i-4.
It must be all the power gained from the Nismo radiator cap :D

I drive about 15% city and 85% hwy. Most people on the Nissan boards get about the same depending on their usage. 2.4L is quite large for a 4-banger, as far as I know. I consider it quite good for my purposes, I get at least 310 miles to a tank, which is really great.

Thanks for the compliment jayhawk. :)

Here is my car at a local meet last night:

Altima+Local+Meet.JPG

Mine is 2nd one in from the right:
Altima+Lineup.JPG

Last edited: