Eibach Pro kit Lowering kit
KYB Gr2 struts
Mounts
Boots

Short throw shifter

Sylvana light bulbs

Front and rear strut tower braces
Front and rear sway bars
Aftermarket pads and rotors (either Powerslot or Baer)

Short Ram Intake (Warm Air Intake)

You can tell what is more important to me :).

No 20" alloys? What are oldsmobile like? They're not available in my country.

Cool. I use to own a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix and I really loved that car. I'd do something about those wheels and tires though.

Your car isn't German or Japanese, so prepare to get flamed.

The first picture has 205/55/16 winter tires on. Waiting for the steel wheels to come in. Special ordered due to the odd bolt pattern. Summers are 225/50/16 on stock alloys. I am keeping the stock alloys but have a plan for them once I get them off the car and the steel wheels put on.

What are Oldsmobile's like? They are a GM car which people say it automatically sucks. Comfortable car for myself and drives really well even with only the 4-cylinder. It has a 5-speed gearbox so it makes it more fun. Europe did get the Alero badged as a Chevrolet. Very rare in Europe though. These are cheap cars to own and run.

And I know I will get flamed. I've been driving GM cars all the time. I had a 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL that I traded in for this car. People say GM cars suck and most of them haven't driven them. Lets just say, people are shocked when they hear an Oldsmobile rev so high :D.

Plus 20" alloys are useless and they will NOT fit on this car. Maximum size is 18 with stock suspension. You can go with higher diameter alloys if you bag the car.

Oh useful info. Yeah, some GM stuff are good. The Vauxhall VXR models especially. At 100k km, is it making any weird sounds or anything like that? My dad's previous car, a '99 Accord at 100k miles had its chassis making some kind of knocking sounds whenever the steering wheel is turned while on the move. Not-that-reliable. Nice car you have though. I only have a bus pass and manually powered two-wheeler currently. :(

Weird question, but what's the back passenger space like? The back of the passenger compartment of most American coupes look very tight to me taking into consideration that they're rather big car over all / we don't get the coupe versions of them in Europe. To be more precise: could I (1,90m) sit comfortably behind you? (Probably not exactly the bashing you were expecting initially if it should turn out that it's rather a problem :D )

http://img99.imageshack.**/img99/7572/flamedbyzegermansgfapunpt7.jpg

<flame>
Stupid american thing, can?t go round corners, crappy suspension, gas guzzler, sucking technology, your car is such a piece of shit, it even has toilet paper in the trunk ^^
</flame>

Just kidding :)

What engine specs does it have? It looks quite good overall...

I would do what you want to do and also:

- get rid of this rear spoiler, I like smooth cars ;)
- cover the bootlid a little bit, looks so nude ;)
- paint your mirrors in car color

At 100k km, is it making any weird sounds or anything like that? My dad's previous car, a '99 Accord at 100k miles had its chassis making some kind of knocking sounds whenever the steering wheel is turned while on the move.

I have one problem which I am too lazy to fix. The bushings on the front lower control arm are cracked and therefore need to be replaced. It only makes a popping sound on a turn and that is it. It is that bushing that needs to be replaced. That's all.

Weird question, but what's the back passenger space like?

You might have a bit of problems on this one. This one is considered a compact (shocked me when I found out) but it is bigger on the inside than my 91 Chevy Cavalier Coupe. I'm 1.70 m and I fit comfortably in the back.

<flame>
Stupid american thing, can?t go round corners, crappy suspension, gas guzzler, sucking technology, your car is such a piece of shit, it even has toilet paper in the trunk ^^
</flame>

Just kidding :)

What engine specs does it have? It looks quite good overall...

I would do what you want to do and also:

- get rid of this rear spoiler, I like smooth cars ;)
- cover the bootlid a little bit, looks so nude ;)
- paint your mirrors in car color

I laugh at the gas guzzling one because I have the 2.2 L I4 Ecotec engine. 145 hp and 145 lb-ft of torque :). It is a heavy car though. Not light at all but I have fun with it daily.

For the mirrors I was thinking of going double post Grand Am mirrors:
PLP1270003.jpg

hm......look nice.......but I hope you paint them ;)

2.2L? Ah yeah, right, you?r canadian, that explains why you go for rather european engine sizes ;) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

"Short Ram Intake (Warm Air Intake)"

uhm, why do you want to take in warm air?

my guess would be that in ontario winters are cold, and it helps bringing your engine up to temperature

my guess would be that in ontario winters are cold, and it helps bringing your engine up to temperature

Most cars have a valve in their intake that lets air flow over the exhaust manifold for those very cold moments. It's to make sure the air isn't too cold for the fuel to vaporise.

Ram Air intakes are more about increased air flow then cold air flow. So they call it a Warm Air Intake.

Nice car!
Suggestion to future threads: post specs of the cars! Most of these are not available worldwide, so we don't have a clue!

I don't want a cold air intake because it brings the (small amount) power in the higher rev range which I don't want. I'll post a picture of the engine bay and you will see that in my case, it won't matter much.

More specs: (more accurate)
2.2 L Ecotec I4
140 hp
150 lb-ft of torque
5-speed Getrag F23 manual
Performance Suspension Package
Sun and Sound package (premium audio with stock amp and 6 (eight) speakers)
Wheelbase 107.0"
Overall Length 186.7"
Curb Weight 2,961 lbs. (1,346 kg)
Fuel Economy is 25/33 which my car is getting.
My real world heavy foot fuel economy over 40,000 km is 26.2 MPG or 9.12 L/100 km

Any more stats you want :).

April052005Alero008Medium.jpg

April052005Alero014Medium.jpg

first to post:
your interior looks very american :p

although it does looks like it came out of a mid 90's Hyundai Excel,

but other than that, the exterior still looks okay :D

Fuck you Andy :) :p.

Before anybody says anything, NOT all plastics are hard in my car. I actually have soft plastics in this car ;).

The car cost me $12,999 CDN for a 2002 that had 60,004 km at the time. That is pretty low for cars around here with that mileage 2 years ago.

^wow... thats quite cheap, I bet the first owner wasn't too happy with the resale value when he sold the car :lol:

hm......look nice.......but I hope you paint them ;)

2.2L? Ah yeah, right, you?r canadian, that explains why you go for rather european engine sizes ;) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Personally, I'd rather have a V6 of V8. I'm getting really tired of my little 4 cylinder. I want it to move but it doesn't want to.

Anyways, an update is in order:

April212007AleroRims005Medium.jpg

CleanWinter.jpg

NoModTailsMedium-1.jpg

ModdedTailsMedium-1.jpg

I have an LED third brake light, cleared corners, 16" lighter alloys than stock, all lights light up during braking, front strut tower bar (improved response), and I have a new set of toys on the way from the States right now :p.

Seriously, yes the interior looks "American" but I have this car now for 2 years and it is solid so far. 125,000 km on it so far.

No money to do other things. I had to first fix the things that were wrong with the car from almost when I bought. I finally replaced the front lower control arm bushings, my ignition cylinder had to be replaced (wear and tear and possibly my wrong doing), and wheel bearing went on the passenger side. The final thing is getting fixed with the parts from the States.