My 2002 Oldsmobile Alero GL2

If you had the V6 it would probably be boring to drive automatic. 140 hp and 150 lb-ft is not bad.

Nice clean car.

If you had the V6 it would probably be boring to drive automatic. 140 hp and 150 lb-ft is not bad.

Nice clean car.

No it isn't bad but I guess that's why I'll be purchasing a second car...V8 and a 6-speed manual.

I wonder if you have thrown KYB GR2's on yet, but if you do decide to keep the Alero throw the KYB's on. My mom has a 95 Impreza and had 140000km when I put them on the car... so much better. KYB GR2's are very nice.

I know what you mean about the 2.2 Ecotec not having any power. I had to drive my sisters 04 Cavalier (same engine) around a bit when I was changing the oil, which is a pain in the ass by the way, and it was just pathetic. It really hurt when I was passed by someone driving an old Buick LeSabre.

I know what you mean about the 2.2 Ecotec not having any power. I had to drive my sisters 04 Cavalier (same engine) around a bit when I was changing the oil, which is a pain in the ass by the way, and it was just pathetic. It really hurt when I was passed by someone driving an old Buick LeSabre.

Its not that hard, as long as you have the oil filter socket, I've done about 30 oil changes to these newer cavaliers

I wonder if you have thrown KYB GR2's on yet, but if you do decide to keep the Alero throw the KYB's on. My mom has a 95 Impreza and had 140000km when I put them on the car... so much better. KYB GR2's are very nice.

When I do this, I'm going with Eibach Pro Kit springs as well.

Punisher Bass
Was it an auto box? If so, that's why. Mine is a 5-speed so it does move when I want it to move, in the upper range areas though.

Last edited:
Its not that hard, as long as you have the oil filter socket, I've done about 30 oil changes to these newer cavaliers

If you have the propper tools, then yes. If you're a stupid idiot like myself then you refuse to spend $15 on the right socket and use a giant cressant wrench. I also didn't have the right sized metric fitting for the drain plug.

When I do this, I'm going with Eibach Pro Kit springs as well.

Punisher Bass
Was it an auto box? If so, that's why. Mine is a 5-speed so it does move when I want it to move, in the upper range areas though.

Yes she has an automatic, god knows what she'd crash into if had to shift gears. It was just tough on the ego because I'm used to being able to do that to people in my own Buick.

Yeah the Eco has some low end torque but like any 4-cylinder engine, it doesn't wake up until 3500 to 4000 RPM :(.

My package from the States came in and I've been getting used to them. What happened to my car is that all four rotors were down to 3 mm or less. The dealer wanted $500 CDN + tax and they would only turn the rear rotors. I got a set of 4 rotors and pads for $330 CDN from the states. They are R1 Concept drilled and slotted rotors. I put them on the opposite way of what everybody else is putting them on and I see no difference whatsoever. Those rotors and pads do stop 300 times better than the stock rotors. What a difference!!!!

This is probably where everything is going to stop though at this point. I'm trying to save up some cash for a summer toy now.

that sounds good, snap some pictures for us to see your new brake job.

You need to have those rotors pointed the correct way. The reason being is so they vent the heat propperly. Having them on backwards is like trying to make a fan suck air out when you need to blow air in. Did you check the instructions?

You need to have those rotors pointed the correct way. The reason being is so they vent the heat propperly. Having them on backwards is like trying to make a fan suck air out when you need to blow air in. Did you check the instructions?

There were none.

Nice car, the exterior and Interior have a definate Hyundai Coupe look to them, but that's no bad thing.

Well I've always heard that the slots need to be pointed forward to work correctly. But I've seen people install them both ways. You might want to ask a mechanic about it.

I've never seen rotors come with instructions, but i think that the upper slashes should face forward.

I take offense that it looks like a Hyundai Coupe. As much as I don't mind them, the Alero coupe is much better looking. I was going to get a Honda Coupe but not it looks so boring. No presence whatsoever.

LED 3rd brake light and all brake lights light up
LED3rdBrakeLight.jpg

Strut Bar
AleroStrutBar.jpg

Side shot
AleroSideshot-1.jpg

Rotors (Driver side front wheel). This would mean the slashes are pointing forward and therefore should be the correct way.
Alero1Brakes.jpg