Ownership Verified: My 2003 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA

I guess that answers my question. :lol:

That engine has the best throttle response I have ever tried. Do you know does yours have same seats as 156 GTA? 156 seats where like Italian shoe, fit perfectly.

Last edited:
I demand an external microfone! :shakefist:
:lol:
Thanks for posting that.

My best friend had one just like this. Sweet ride, awesome feeling when you floor it.

I got to drive my friend's 147 GTA today. Traction control blinking at third gear properly.

Before this I had driven the car briefly on highway. I remember beautiful looks, good seats and great engine. But today I got to drive it on the twisty stuff.

Firstly, it feel so intuitive. Like modern Porsches and old BMWs, everything important is where it's supposed to be and works like you expect. It's easy car to adapt and start driving. Steering is really natural, I didn't even realize it's so quick after an hour or so. It's not hectic like modern hot hatches (Ford, I'm talking to you), driving straight is easy. Throttle has great response and it's easy to modulate power. Which you have to do, it's still surprisingly rapid car.

I've been fortunate to drive some pretty great machines, but not many of them have given unforgettable drives. GTA gave that. Despite of the heavy engine the balance is good enough. You really concentrate on driving the Alfa, and working with the engine. And it's the engine that properly dominates the experience, the way it howls at different gears. You always want to shift up just to hear the Busso work up the revs at different rate.

They really are not going to build cars like this anymore. What's the cheapest new car with a soulful engine? I don't know, it used to be Porsche Boxster, but boxer four just doesn't cut it. Cars like the 147 GTA will surely be missed, and that makes it a 100% modern classic. Have fun!