My 2004 SEAT Leon 1.8 20VT TS

MrLeon

Car(s)
2004 SEAT Leon
I traded my old '01 Leon 1.8T and some money for a newer example of the great 1M Leon.

It's a 1.8 20VT which means it has the VW 1.8 turbocharged 20 valve engine. Love it. 8)
TS stands for Top Sport.
It's got 180hp, FWD and 6-speed manual box.
This one has 31000 kilometers on the clock and has got ESP and Klimatronic (automatic aircon) as extras.

A couple of pics:
LeonTS.jpg

LeonTS2.jpg

It feels very solid and all the controls (steering, clutch, gearbox) are nicely weighted compared to many other small cars.

Reactions: TC
A VERY nice car, Ive considered it myself many times when I was buying myself a car.

Do you intend to tune it ? I believe you get 30 bhp on this engine without any modifications, only chip adjustment.

Nice car. :)

Good car, a VW without the rip off.

Congrats mate, you made a wise choice, many happy miles.

Good car, a VW without the rip off.

Indeed. And so much better looking than the ever-so-boring Golf mk4. :)

I don't think I will "chip" the car as there's always the small risk of damaging the turbo or the clutch. 180hp through 2 wheels is more than enough on ice anyway. :lol:

I'm gonna go shopping for new winter tires tomorrow, perhaps in 17" on the Top Sport original wheels as I don't like the current 16" wheels very much and the tires (Michelin Pilot Alpin) are way too slippery for the winter here.
The suspension will also get an upgrade some time soon, I was thinking of fitting Eibach springs + Koni dampers. Can't go wrong with those two.

Nice car! It is much more interesting to look at then a GTi.

Got any interior shots?

Got a nice deal of Continental CVC3 tires so I fitted them on the original Top Sport rims. These tires really do grip well in snow & ice. Recommended.
Here's a pic of them:
Talvipyorat.jpg

And here's a couple of interior pics:
TSsisalta.jpg

TSpenkit.jpg

I'm sorry for the bad quality, it was snowing like hell so it was impossible to get a good shot.

Nice car! I was in the market for a 130hp diesel version a few years back. I still love the styling. Have yet to drive one, but I only heard good things!

A mate has the 150hp diesel version. Such a nice car. I really like this model leon.

Indeed. And so much better looking than the ever-so-boring Golf mk4. :)

The suspension will also get an upgrade some time soon, I was thinking of fitting Eibach springs + Koni dampers. Can't go wrong with those two.

*nod* you cant go wrong with them. But as for the chip, surely when its nice and dry in the summer, you will want some little extra poke from the lovely engine??

When I bought this one I promised myself that I won't chip the it.
But now I'm getting more and more tempted of getting an ECU remap from Revo as their prices have recently gone down to a reasonable 600 euros. Thats not much for 30 odd hp and +30% torque. 8)

Nice looking car. :)
That's the best looking Leon ever. The new Leon... is weird I don't like it but your model is cool looking.
What's wrong with VW? :S =P
It may be a little ordinary and common but VW is not a bad car, I think.
But anyway, nice car grats.

Last edited:
What's wrong with VW? :S =P
It may be a little ordinary and common but VW is not a bad car, I think.
But anyway, nice car grats.

Thanks.

No, dont get me wrong here. There's nothing wrong with VW. I respect all the VAG products (incl. VW, SEAT, and so on) enormously. I am indeed what you would call a VAG enthusiast. :p
You do know mk1 Seat Leon is basically a mk4 Golf but with sportier outfit and smaller price tag.
I just find the mk4 Golf a bit boxy and boring compared to the Leon, thats all. :)

I've recently fitted Koni Sports suspension on my car and WHAT a difference it made. Leon still rides as smoothly as it did with the OEM suspension but it doesnt feel like its going to fall over on bends neither does it "take off" during acceleration anymore. :cool:
It's only when you really go offroad that you feel the increased spring rate and harder damping as a "slight" lack of comfort. Not that you would go offroad with the Leon's 10cm ground clearance and long front overhang anyway. :lol:

Couple of pics with the suspension mod:
Seat1.jpg

Seat2.jpg

Seat3.jpg

You can also notice the Cupra R front spoiler on the front bumper.

Looks really awesome dude :) It's kinda cool how the grille mirrors itself across the bumper horizontally.

Looks nice mate, I would consider one of these for a replacement for my Corrado, but It's a shame they only made them in a 5-door. :cool: