My 2005 Scion TC

Dieselstation

Car(s)
Scion tC
I have a 2005 Scion TC with a TRD Supercharger on 9.5 lbs of boost making around 210hp to the wheels. Engine management coming soon.. should be up to about 225whp. Just put on the FiveAxis lip kit this weekend.

It's painted in a satin charcoal grey color. It's a matte finish and not glossy and saves me from waxing the car all the time. ;)

Before the lip kit:
IMG_1316-Edit.jpg

IMG_1295-Edit.jpg

Dieselstation-Stealth.jpg

IMG_1326-Edit.jpg

Finally after the FiveAxis lip kit installed:
Dieselstation-FiveAxis-007.jpg

Dieselstation-FiveAxis-013.jpg

Dieselstation-FiveAxis-008.jpg

Dieselstation-FiveAxis-009.jpg

Dieselstation-FiveAxis-010.jpg

Dieselstation-FiveAxis-011.jpg

Dieselstation-FiveAxis-012.jpg

Did you post this over at Anandtech a long time ago? I remember seeing this car.

Look pretty good, but I have to be honest. I think it would look better without the stickers - the really clean look it has otherwise is hurt by the product advertisements.

(Would suck to give back that 50hp though.) :D

hehehe.. yeah.. the stickers are just temporary for show coming up. I figure if i HAD to put stickers, i'd might as well have fun with it.

How's the blower? I've always read bad things about centrifugal superchargers.

How's the blower? I've always read bad things about centrifugal superchargers.

well.. honestly.. it's doesn't make as much power as it should for the amount of air it's pushing. i mean.. i'm running 9.5 lbs of boost and it's still only about 60hp more then stock. I've also heard of other tC's having seal bearing issues. A turbo setup would definitely make more power at lower boost even, but I wanted to keep it CARB legal.

But all in all.. it's ok. I got it cuz the price of it dropped by almost 50% for my model year. And i haven't had any issues yet.

I'm jealous. I've wanted one of these ever since they came out. I just think they are so cool and they have everything you really want, looks, audio, decent performance, cargo space, you name it. I have a really good summer job and I'm hoping to save up some money and sell my teg to get one in a few months.

Nice car!
I like those wheels. What are they?
How hard is it to keep the car clean with the matte paint?

well.. honestly.. it's doesn't make as much power as it should for the amount of air it's pushing. i mean.. i'm running 9.5 lbs of boost and it's still only about 60hp more then stock. I've also heard of other tC's having seal bearing issues. A turbo setup would definitely make more power at lower boost even, but I wanted to keep it CARB legal.

But all in all.. it's ok. I got it cuz the price of it dropped by almost 50% for my model year. And i haven't had any issues yet.

Yeah I was thinking the numbers were a bit low. 9.5psi on my little 1.6 would make well above 220. What does the car run, or rather what should it run with those numbers. When my car is tuned out properly and with a few more bolt-ons, i'm aiming for mid 14's. I really do like the paint, its different, but doesn't look like primer! :lol:

Great looking car man....I'm assuming you had it painted; what kinda paint, and does it have a clearcoat on it? I'm wanting a flat/satin black for my bike, but I've gotta find a clearcoat with a flattening agent in it, seems kinda hard to find...

Well Diesel, the only complaint I have is that it's a TC.