My 2006 Honda Civic VTi-L

Yey now we both have cars, and nice ones at that :D Congrats on the purchase. I'm sorta glad you didn't go the Astra Coupe direction because I think it looks a bit girl-ish in non-VXR form. I didn't tell you that last week did I, haha!

What sort of power has that got? Does it go well?

And don't worry about the parking - you'll get better at it with practice :mrgreen:

103kW (138hp)
174Nm.

And hooray!!!!!!! Australia's getting the Civic Type R in June/July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yey now we both have cars, and nice ones at that :D Congrats on the purchase. I'm sorta glad you didn't go the Astra Coupe direction because I think it looks a bit girl-ish in non-VXR form. I didn't tell you that last week did I, haha!

And don't worry about the parking - you'll get better at it with practice :mrgreen:

haha... no you didn't :p

but because I have to pay for my own fuel... I have been very light footed :lol:... but I did floor it once when I did a u-turn, it wasn't fast but enough... I think everytime the speedo updated, it jumped about 4-5km/h... and boy does it sound good at 7k RPM :D

and as Watto said... it has a 140hp engine with a 5-speed auto, enough power for me and it has slightly more than the astra.

and I only knew this when I test drove the car... did anyone know that Civic's have floor hinge throttle pedal's like the BMW's? These are so much more comfortable to drive with :D

Really nice. It's so much nicer than the NA Civic. And I agree with whoever said that Honda sells EU/Jap/Aus cars as Overpriced Acuras in NA. Another example of how Honda is ripping North Americans off is that in Canada the Acura TSX sells for $38,830 CDN and in Australia the Euro Honda Accord (same car as TSX in NA) sells for $35,990 AUD ($33,795 CDN.) Thats over 5 grand for what is basically Acura badges instead of Honda badges.

I got all prices from the Honda/Acura websites of their respectful countries.

and i want a tsx so bad too, dam the prices! :O

The TSX is a good car but it seems kind of boring now, and very common. It's a great design... could use more than a puny 200 horses though.

and as Watto said... it has a 140hp engine with a 5-speed auto, enough power for me and it has slightly more than the astra.

weird

over here the VTI is a 1.6l with 160bhp

Hey Andy, can you post a picture of the interior? I wanna see if it's the same as the Acura over here with the paddles and stuff.

I'm not a big fan of sedans, but that Honda looks nice. Congrats :)

Hey Andy, can you post a picture of the interior? I wanna see if it's the same as the Acura over here with the paddles and stuff.

will do when I get home... Mine isn't the 2.0l DOHC VTEC version so it does not have flappy paddles... but I've seen pictures of the American variant, it looks the same... but I'll try to get some interior pictures up asap :D

Cool... so far as I know the Acura CSX here doesn't have proper paddles even. They're pretty much just click buttons in the shape of paddles, which is kind of stupid.

Does yours get the cool instrument cluster and stuff?

Whoa, look at that funky handbrake. Looks good Andy, wish my car had a little more pizzazz.

I've going to change it soon... having Chinese blood means that you have to have license plates with 8's in them :D... I'll most likely put it in my family's lucky number, as team fg knows it, 1818 or 988.

For those of you who want to know why, Chinese people like to put eights in many things because 8 sounds like rich/sucess in cantonese.

BTW: Andy's current numberplate means " The dog won't get rich " or something along those lines.

PS. I know this because I'm chinese. (I am not being racist, I also don't want to get flamed, and yes what I said is actually true.)

Last edited:
^why do you think my parents are going to pay for my new plate? Besides having good luck, its just been tradition among Chinese people, especially in Malaysia... plus since I will never be able to afford a nice plate in Hong Kong, a plate with 1818 in Hong Kong will cost about 10kAUD or 1818 in Malaysia will cost about 3-4kAUD so I might as well do it here. So over here in Aus, if you ever see a car with 988, 688, 888 or something along the lines, 99% chance its an Asian :D

Incase you guys didn't know... my new plate would be 988188 :D

And Shawn, and Shawn, its a very comfy interior to be in... my only complaint is that I sit so far from the Windscreen that it makes it hard to reach my GPS which is mounted on the windscreen.

And Shawn,

One type for the continent with good taste... another one for the continent that doesn't.

;)
The American/Australian Civic is far better looking than the European one.

hey hows the car been a month? I've just realise you've got a new car and you share similar background with me and live in melbourne and im also planning to get a civic...
how's your life with it so far?
Now I know ur number plate, im gonna be lookin for u :p

o yea and about the license plate thing with the number '8', guess what, my plate has 988 on it too, lol