My Golf 2.0 TDI Highline. *yawn*

0QV9G.jpg

hTkAn.jpg

Cgx1o.jpg

70bZb.jpg

FMwhH.jpg

Obligatory proof pic:

D6bvx.jpg

So, the important bits - 2.0 TDI Common-Rail engine, churning out 140 horsepower and 320 Nm of torque. Gets to 100 km/h (62 mph) in roughly 9 seconds, and tops out at 210-215 km/h. I've not checked those numbers yet, as I'm still running it in - I've barely done 500 km in it.

Loving the build quality, the fit & finish of everything and the solid feel of it. Plans are to source a set of 17" wheels for it - might go for 17" Denver alloys from a GTI - and a set of H&R lowering springs. Otherwise, gonna keep it stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

McRae

borat_wideweb__470x335,0.jpg

No yawn here. It's the best car to drive in its class, and it has the best interior.

Last edited:

Jens

Car(s)
BMW 116d, W124 250D
Those seats look lovely! I can't fault your choice of car and engine.
I wish you many happy miles with it :)

zeroSignal

Nerdcore
Car(s)
2012 Golf TDI 140
The seats are why I went for the Highline level of equipment. There are some things that piss me off - like the lack of a Bluetooth connection and USB plug at this price level, but otherwise it's all very nice.

Freelancing as an auto-journalist has given me the chance to drive most (if not all) of its competitors, and it stands clearly above them all.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
I suggest you go for Vogtland springs. Cheaper than H&R and won't crush your spine. Also get a chip tune. ;)

Nice car, now you don't have an excuse to not attend a ringmeet!