Unverified Ownership My life with electric toasters (from Ioniq & Niro to Kona EV)

Even with ACC/Autosteer I get bored of 'slow speeds' pretty quickly. I'd potentially be an awful truck driver.

Reactions: lip
80 km/h and ACC should be enough for everybody :p

Does it have to end this way? With me flying to Finland and bring some Latino problem solving to it, and then having to explain to #gear.fi that you were extremely clumsy while showing me how to plug your EV? :p

Does it have to end this way? With me flying to Finland and bring some Latino problem solving to it, and then having to explain to #gear.fi that you were extremely clumsy while showing me how to plug your EV? :p
"He tripped on the cord."

Well this got dark very quickly. I have to say, for my own safety it seems, that I was never interested in the cost/energy saving aspect of driving an EV. I liked the power, technology and the idea of convenience despite the latter never becoming a reality for me.

For me it's the complete opposite: I want to drive (or in this case get to work and back) without paying for fuel ? Any power or gadgets are just a bonus and usually there because the vehicle's going to be pretty new. But I wanted in on the man maths as long as charging is this cheap.

Positive news! I got shipped the wrong set of rubber mats because the importer PDF still had the wrong parts number, but I got a correct set now for free. And a Hyundai woolly hat and reflectors and playing cards etc :D

Playing cards?

Yeah, a deck. I wonder if they misunderstood what I wanted (däck = tires)...

We're experiencing some winter temps finally, with temps at -10°C when I left home for work and -7°C the warmest I saw during the hour-long drive. I had plugged the car in, scheduled it for a bit of charging and preheating and my commute resulted in an indicated 16.9 kWh/100km. It really doesn't mind the cold. Now, I'd like to see some Real Cold finally :D

Yeah you should really try it once without preheat just for shits and giggles. In my experience it gave you the option of spectacularly high consumption (25 kwh/100km+) or just that feeling of ‘I should have put my coat on’

Oh yeah, one thing you have to take into account is that my commute at 75km is long enough to offset huge initial consumption as it eventually averages out by smooth highway cruising forever. But I'll happily try how much juice a proper winter test style start with igloo car + full blast will take, if we see significantly colder temps too.

Oh yeah, one thing you have to take into account is that my commute at 75km is long enough to offset huge initial consumption as it eventually averages out by smooth highway cruising forever.
Ha! That’s what you think!
for me (60 km, 95% autobaaaahn), if temps are below say 5°C, my battery will not reach proper operating temperature (apparent from reduced regen power, also displayed) on my commute if I don’t preheat (which I don’t, because it costs money lol). Then again, proper preconditioning incl battery takes ages.

FWIW my eGolf just did 60 kms mostly highway (120km/hr limit) at 1 degree C without preheat with all the toys (heater, defroster, heated mirror etc) on. Got 20 kwh/100 kms

That's pretty good!

Driving back in traffic and at 8 degrees c starting from a nicely heated garage yielded 14,8 kwh/100 kms. Which is tremendous even if I do say so myself

4f6yO4W.jpg

Proper winter has arrived :D I slept soundly til 7AM and got up to notice that "at least a meter of snow" had fallen from the sky. Car was preheated but still needed a bit of digging to get it cleared enough for heading to work, and I'd say 70% of the roads were not plowed at all. My usual one hour drive took closer to a hour and a half due to slowed down traffic and trucks in ditches necessating a detour, but on the other hand I still managed a nice 19kWh/100km for the journey. Truth be told, the car showed 33kWh/100km when I got to the main road from my village and the readout was stuck on 22kWh/100km for a long time, but as the roads gradually improved the consumption went down. Wipers crusted over quite soon so most of the visibility was available with hot blast to the windshield. But burning 40% of the range instead of the usual 30-35% is fine.