My 3.1L of Combined Japanese FURY! plus an American 5.7L

Vitamin J

Car(s)
1996 Mazda Miata 1.8L, 1992 Spec Miata 1.6L
Alright, let's start it off with my daily driver. A 1986 Honda CRX Si (that's SPORT injected) it made 91bhp 20 years ago and did 0-60 in 8.1 seconds...20 years ago. Now it'll do 0-60 in 8.9 seconds. It's a ball. Too much fun. It weighs 1900lbs, that's less than a Lotus Elise. It'll stay pretty much stock after I upgrade the suspension (20 year old shocks make me hurt) and maybe rebuild the engine (burning some oil). Oh it'll break 300k miles next month.

I painted it in my garage with a can of Rust-O-Leum and a roller. Looks pretty good for a $60 DIY job.

Here's when I first bought it:

front-1.jpg

New brakes:
tegbrakesinstalled.jpg

druminstalled.jpg

And stainless steel brake lines (like a race car vrroooooom)
steellines.jpg

After my paint job:
front3.jpg

front2.jpg

front1-1.jpg

side1-1.jpg

Alright, here's my tow vehicle, 1994 GMC Suburban, 212k miles. Those Chevy 350s will go forever:

Mud1.jpg

PICT0054.jpg

Here's my baby, 1992 Mazda Miata that I race in SCCA Spec Miata:

miata.jpg

PICT0060.jpg

PICT0319.jpg

PICT0321.jpg

PICT0059.jpg

PICT0440.jpg

PICT0411.jpg

Last edited:
Did you crash the CRX? The Indicator seemes a little bit moved :) (btw: RICE!!!!!!!11111111111 :D). Do the stickers really give you +20hp? :D

Did you crash the CRX? The Indicator seemes a little bit moved :) (btw: RICE!!!!!!!11111111111 :D). Do the stickers really give you +20hp? :D
No rice! No I didnt crash it, its just old.

Nice car park m8 :thumbsup: . I love the miata ;) .

The stock CRX, the Loch Ness Bigfoot of the automotive world. It's so rare, it makes old Bugattis look like Wal-Mart fodder. Good job on maintaining yours (though the paintjob...what was that for?!). :thumbup:

I wanted the paint job to match the era. Something like this would not be out of place in 1986. Also, white is the easiest color to make look good, and I was painting it in my garage so I needed all the help I could get. I like it.

i dont know much about spec miatas, but what kinda of modifications can you run? do you have to stay na?

a stock CRX :eek: (even rims)

you simply don't find those overe here anymore

:bangin: on the paintjob though

a stock CRX :eek: (even rims)

you simply don't find those overe here anymore

:bangin: on the paintjob though
The rims are off my Miata. The stockers were 18lbs phonedial rims. These weigh 8.2lbs :cool:

Got some brake upgrades for the Suburban. Cross drilled rotors up front with ceramic pads, got a good deal on them too, installed in about 15 mins:

rotors.jpg

This should make those emergency stops on the highway with the trailer a little less scary.

Got some pics of it today so I thought I'd post them. 1994 GMC Suburban 1500 4x4, BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A tires 265/75/16, cross-drilled front rotors, tow package, leather, loaded, 6-cd changer, 12 speakers, 4wd w/ low-range, 5.7L V8.

This morning:
PICT0506.jpg

Just now:
PICT0509.jpg

PICT0512.jpg

Damn you have snow. Get out your miata and go have fun :mrgreen:

Oh man, those comments at streetfire.net sucks. :(

You have nice cars. I would really love to buy some old rusty car and fix
it to it's original condition.

Last edited:
Oh man I am so envious of you, Not only do you have a SM car, but a CRX Si ?! Seriously awesome, I like the paint to be honest, it fits the car, they used to do silly awesome paint like that in the 80s.