Ownership Verified: My 44 -year old antique ['70 Cortina "GT"]

tzx1n85.jpg

Rear panel especially optional...

picture

Rear panel especially optional...

Come on, the sills aren't rusty enough to warrant a paintjob like that (the so called "sururaja") :p I was thinking more like a single, 5mm thick black or gold (or both?) pinstripe down the side of the car. :)

Last edited:
That would work well :) And yeah, what I did would be done in Plastidip... considering doing the same on the Sierra on gunmetal too.

I think a pinstripe down the body crease would look great. Especially if it matched the wheels.

I'd just as happily remove the checkmark and lock the thread until you provide something else.... Let's just say that sometimes moderators can and do have a sense of humour. :p

Like when they butcher my thread titles..? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the car is now MOT ready, we'll see how it goes on Saturday..

EDIT: Went through the pictures I've taken of the car and I think this is my favourite. It just looks "right" for a Mk. 2 'Tina, very happy with my taste :p

WP_001554_zps1f0e080d.jpg

EDIT: For comparison, the car looked so mundane and almost apologetic a few months ago :p

WP_001062_zpsac288280.jpg

Last edited:
Like when they butcher my thread titles..? :rolleyes:

that's quite annoying indeed. you open several threads, and all you see in the tabs is "ownership verified"

Someone on Facebook mentioned they had browsed the thread I made at "Ownership Verified" about the 205 :lol:

Would it not have passed with the golden ones? Congrats btw :)

I didn't want to go through the trouble of getting approval for them (if you increase or decrease the wheel size by more than 1", you need to get it checked) I figured it would be less hassle to just MOT it with the 13's :)

I can't drive it on the roads yet as the inspector didn't have the permission to register the suspension modifications on the car (lowering blocks and coilover struts), he went through everything else with no complaints whatsoever. So I still need to drive to the station on Monday to pick up the MOT certificate, after which the car will be fully road legal :)

Awesome job!
Though I suspect that a nice enough inspector would have ignored the extra inch. ;)

Awesome job!
Though I suspect that a nice enough inspector would have ignored the extra inch. ;)

Yeah, he was a young guy who had only just started, so he wanted to go "by the book". He seemed genuinely sorry about not being able to give approval for the modifications, but he took measurements of the parts, and I don't need to drive the car to the MOT station on monday. Basically I just need to show up to pick up the papers, and as an apology he knocked down the MOT price from 50? to 30? so certainly no complaints from me.

The ignition on the car is still shit (original, bad condition points distributor) so it has no power whatsoever (won't really rev past 3k rpm..), I still have no idea how fast it will be :p The suspension seems "just right" though, certainly not too stiff, but not wallowy either, I suspect it might actually be quite a fun car to drive. :)

Congratulations! The result seems to be worth all the effort, time and money you put into this car. Well done :thumbsup:

The car is now fully road legal, drove it around town for a bit today, and I can report that it really does turn heads :cool: