My 87 Supra - Lots of pics.

Swapping rims that many times = rice
THATS WHAT TIRE RACK IS FOR
THEY SHOW YOU WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE
if that's not enough, hit up the GT-S forum for rims pics
also, you've really fucked the suspension geometry with those rice-ass expensive Tiens

BorHor, you're at the point now where you're on a set of rims that are completely impractical for your setup, because you can't put proper tires to protect the edges of the rim. the suspension geometry is so off in your sig pic that it puts MORE stress on other suspension components. You would do well to either put it back up where it's USABLE, or re-weld on the suspension mount points to fix the geometry problem.

also, another -2 for the Lunch Thermos Mufflers

Lets not be a dick to him, we all have our own taste and car cultures. I just wish modifications like that would be wasted on a more common car like a 240SX or something, unmolested supras are getting harder and harder to find :(

Matt. I understand a personal sense of style. but there's style, and there's just plain ridiculous. i didn't comment about the stickers because he didnt say "OH THATS WHAT I HAVE ON MY RIDE" he said he wants to represent the shop that's doing the work for him. that's essentially sponsorship, and while i disagree with stickers in general, at least it's a proper purpose. being low is one thing, but ultimately the suspension settings he's currently on most likely was the cause of his tire failure, and WILL BE the cause of CV joint failure if he decides to ignore it for much longer. Also, WTF will Dual N1 pipes do? one, okay, fine. two? ridiculous. if he wanted that same look, many companies make setups that look like that, flow better, and even sound better. doing all that work for what ultimately resulted in just a different "look". That, my friend, is rice. If he had saved the money he spent trading/swapping rims 4 times, he could have done some brake upgrades, an intake, some other tune-up bits for the engine, a new clutch...or even some carpeting for that ghetto plywood subwoofer mount he's sporting.

Does calling other people and their car "rice" make you feel better about yourself? It's his car and he is free to do whatever he wants with his car. You have your preference and he has his, if you don't like what he is doing to his car, is it that hard to simply ignore it and look somewhere else? let alone calling his opinion "ridiculous" because he doesn't think like you do,

The term "rice" itself doesn't make much sense to begin with, and constantly calling other people "rice" may be cool within the domestic circle, but to others it just makes you look childish. What are you trying to prove with your posts? Car enthusiasts have always sacrificed reliability/usability for mods that make their cars more enjoyable. Doesn't matter if its domestic or import, it's all the same.

We don't tell you how to live your life, so stop telling him how he should mod his car.

I like to think that

• "Rice" is transcendent of the domestic and import car cultures.
  • The owner of this supra isnt stupid, and it can yet be saved.

Those clowning on the exhaust. We got bored at the shop so we made it for shits and giggles with left over parts we were about to junk. My stocker was falling apart anyways.

Also I don't really care what most of you think. If I cared I would have asked. Truthfully this is just a phase. There will be change eventually.

Poor BorHor.

My supra was rice. Sure his N1's are a little big, but free rules.

IMG_1735.jpg

My ricer car on the right.

I miss that car. Sold it end of last year.

I don't know, yes the car is a bit rice. But, the owner obviously has done some serious work and actually gets out and drives it properly. So I can overlook some small cosmetic details knowing that the car is tracked and doesn't just cruise up and down main street for hours every night. With the driver doing that stupid Detroit shuffle.

I find it funny that You all like to take my aesthetics comments into a heated out-of context argument about freedoms of personal style and taste, while completely ignoring the functional issues I made to illustrate my personal opinion of WHY it is ridiculous. BorHor admitted himself the after all the work he put into the exhaust, it sounds stock. what's the point there? power increases are trivial at best, which are likely countered by the increased weight of the oversized and under-utilized exhaust components. It doesn't even SOUND different, which is the #1 reason to do exhaust mods outside of power. However, with trying to get more power, usually exhaust work that is not specifically designed to work with the engine can actually be detrimental to output.

I shouldn't have to explain why lowering a car that much is ridiculous, ESPECIALLY if it's ever driven on public roads. the car is so low, in fact, that the suspension geometry either needs to be changed (aka reposition pivot points) or serious component damage can occur. Not to mention the fact that it's probably detrimental to handling, counter to the effect coil-overs and lowering the center of gravity in a car can provide.

Changing rims so many times, over-lowering the suspension, and tacking together scraps for an exhaust system show just how little fore-thought has been put into approaching how the car is modified.

Bottom Line, It's ridiculous.