My Acura RSX/Honda Integra

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
Here she is... old picture but the only one I have, not really into photography. It's my first car and it's leased... the lease is almost over, not sure if I'll keep it, buy it from Honda and sell it myself or just give it back and buy something else.

It's an auto but it's pretty nippy for something that is basically a Civic. It's not too luxurious or anything but it hasn't ever let me down (and it shouldn't either, it's a new Japanese car). No mods... I replaced the stereo and I have a pack of gum in there. Would've probably done a small mod or two if it wasn't leased, but it does its job.

My favourite thing is the iVTEC engine... I know this is such a riceboy thing, but I love how you get a surge of power (pretty slight) at around 4.500rpm. I love the steering wheel too, it's so tiny... especially coming from an ML which has a gigantic wheel like all other Mercs.

http://img274.imageshack.**/img274/5990/rsxhe3.jpg

Last edited:
It works for me... did you try the usual refresh stuff?

As I have no other good pictures, here are some off my phone to show the back and the instrument cluster. Sorry for the crap quality.

http://img121.imageshack.**/img121/5420/0810061718yf3.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.**/img121/8627/2009062229pn0.jpg

I never noticed the top speed was 140mph... if it can actually do that speed, it's pretty impressive. I mean your average AMG doesn't do much more.

Nice, was wondering when you were gonna post yours.
That's the shitty thing about leased cars, kind of restricted as to modifications. But good choice; best handling fwd car, right?

I'm not sure if it's best handling or not... it does handle pretty well but has a bit of a roll when you're going around big corners.

My least favourite thing about this car is the lack of any kind of traction control. I know 160hp is nothing but I'll spin my tires all the time if I'm driving even slightly spiritedly... if it's wet and you're going uphill (which is an average drive in Vancouver) you will have to start it up so slowly to not spin the tires. I don't get why Acura hasn't added traction control, they do try to pass it off as a luxury car afterall.

The espirit in that picture looks amazing! In the US Acuras/Hondas have high resale values. Some people end up losing nothing at all even if they sell after owning for two or three years. Im suprised that Acura doesnt offer the RSX with TC, its like a no-brainer for most $20K USD cars to come standard with TC.

Well I'll obviously lose something because I got it new... but if I had bought it almost new, then yeah, I'd probably not lose too much money. Not sure about the traction control issue... maybe they did it to keep the cost down or maybe they thought it proper for a 'sports' car. I don't know, maybe someone can shed some light on why they left it out on a relatively expensive (compared to Civic/Corolla) car.

The Esprit was great... I actually took that picture for the car sightings thread, my car just happened to be parked in front... and what a parking spot I found, you can never park on that street. :D

Last edited:
Well this is definitly not like the Integra in Europe in more ways than just design. Those things are fast and handle like the devil. Not very comfortable though, very stiff suspension, track car almost.

Which Integra are you talking about? I didn't even think they sold them in Europe.

Mine is identical to the Integra they sell in Japan and Oceania... it's not the Type-S or the Type-R model but it's the same car... different name just due to marketing issues.

Yes I meant the type r. I guess youre right,sorry, I dont think ive seen any other but type r and thats why I always associate type r integra with integra.

Acura-Integra-Type-R-0001.jpg

That's the old body anyway, there's a new Type-R.

As I have no other good pictures, here are some off my phone to show the back and the instrument cluster. Sorry for the crap quality.

http://img121.imageshack.**/img121/5420/0810061718yf3.jpg

Robson & Burrard?

I never noticed the top speed was 140mph... if it can actually do that speed, it's pretty impressive. I mean your average AMG doesn't do much more.

I think you should get on the S2S and test that...and post a vid for our entertainment :p

Yes I meant the type r. I guess youre right,sorry, I dont think ive seen any other but type r and thats why I always associate type r integra with integra.

Acura-Integra-Type-R-0001.jpg

That's the old body shape like mine (generation 3) but I only have a GSi not a type-r (I beleive the type-s is actually the quicker one now with the current model, 154kw or something)

No kidding, that's the easiest street in the world to identify. It's so easy it's like cheating. :p

I'll wait for you to come back and test out my car for me... I have enough points as it is.

Robson & Burrard?

I think you should get on the S2S and test that...and post a vid for our entertainment :p

Last edited:
I believe the Type-R is still the fastest of them all... but in North America there's the regular and there's the Type-S, no R... the Type-S has some slight engine mods and about 30 more horsepower.

That's the old body shape like mine (generation 3) but I only have a GSi not a type-r (I beleive the type-s is actually the quicker one now with the current model, 154kw or something)

we don't have a type-r either, we just have luxury, normal and type-s

Normal and luxury have 118kw and the type-s has 154kw

Yeah, same trim levels over here too. The Americans don't get the base model, just the premium base and the Type-S. I wonder who gets the Type-R then? Just Japan probably?

They're going to stop making the RSX in a year though... Acura is trying to move itself more upmarket and I guess they're dumping their second least expensive model. It's supposed to be replaced by the Civic Type-R.

Is it going to stop being sold in Australia too?

That Espirit is KICK ASS. It's a rare esp edition model.

BTW, sweet car Shawn. I gotta post some pics of my car too. but damn the weather doesn't help.

Yeah, same trim levels over here too. The Americans don't get the base model, just the premium base and the Type-S. I wonder who gets the Type-R then? Just Japan probably?

They're going to stop making the RSX in a year though... Acura is trying to move itself more upmarket and I guess they're dumping their second least expensive model. It's supposed to be replaced by the Civic Type-R.

Is it going to stop being sold in Australia too?

I assume that they'll stop being sold here as well but I'm not in the market for a new car cause well my budget is...