My Acura RSX/Honda Integra

Yeah the weather is horrible. Let's hope it gets better for the Christmas break.

I have a bunch of sightings pictures that I have been too lazy to post... like a few months' worth. Sadly, the Esprit is probably the best of the bunch.

That Espirit is KICK ASS. It's a rare esp edition model.

BTW, sweet car Shawn. I gotta post some pics of my car too. but damn the weather doesn't help.

I like the old Integra; drove a GSR once, really nice handling.

I'll wait for you to come back and test out my car for me... I have enough points as it is.

Hmm..maybe we should get someone like Salar to do it...I've already got two tickets from the summer to pay for.

Yeah, I think the RSX is more show and less go compared to the older Integras. It's like they added to the luxoness (a little) but they forgot about the sportiness.

Salar, what is your driving record like? ;) I've got a few papers from back in the day... they're from my early years of driving but they are on your record for like 6-8 years, I think. But at least if you have a Class 5 you can get probably around 14-16 points before getting it taken away. It's like 4-6 on an L/N license.

This is seriously offtopic, but who are the Vancouverites on the forum? I remember you two, the official "What's That Song?" Guy (forget his name, sorry) and flamingice. Someone should make a thread for us West Coast dwellers (minus those greedy Albertans, please).

You people make me jealous! So many nice cars...

Well this is definitly not like the Integra in Europe in more ways than just design. Those things are fast and handle like the devil. Not very comfortable though, very stiff suspension, track car almost.

the type-R was the only model sold in europe (belgium anyways)
pretty good car for being the "base" model :lol:

don't think the new version has been sold over here, i've never seen one anyways

Yeah, I think the RSX is more show and less go compared to the older Integras. It's like they added to the luxoness (a little) but they forgot about the sportiness.

Salar, what is your driving record like? ;) I've got a few papers from back in the day... they're from my early years of driving but they are on your record for like 6-8 years, I think. But at least if you have a Class 5 you can get probably around 14-16 points before getting it taken away. It's like 4-6 on an L/N license.

This is seriously offtopic, but who are the Vancouverites on the forum? I remember you two, the official "What's That Song?" Guy (forget his name, sorry) and flamingice. Someone should make a thread for us West Coast dwellers (minus those greedy Albertans, please).
I have the green N thing. Stupid rules, and my record is clean, and hopefully will stay like that forever :D

As for the Vancouverites, I think me, you, Craig, and Klutch are the only regular users. I have not seen other people around

Thanks... I guess? 8)

He meant the Lotus. ;)

When did you get your license Salar? I got my Class 5 like 3 years ago... but I did start driving at 16.

How do you know he was talking about the Lotus? I thought he was just talking about my pictures up top.

When did you get your license Salar? I got my Class 5 like 3 years ago... but I did start driving at 16.

How do you know he was talking about the Lotus? I thought he was just talking about my pictures up top.

I was talking about the Acura.

Yes, I was right. In your face Salar!!!

Thanks though Redliner... I stil yearn for something like a Lexus IS but I love my car to pieces.

Acura RSX = Civic + Horsepower juice ;)

If it's anything like the Honda Prelude (which, I'm sure, is pretty similar to the Civic/Integra/RSX etc.), it's a lot of fun for a FWD car. That, and a Nissan Sentra SE-R (previous generation) are probably the only FWD cars I'd ever consider owning.

...Nah, RWD in my 240SX is far too much fun! :D

I never understood the difference between the Integra and the Prelude really... the Integra was sold as an Acura in North America but it really had much more in common with Honda's lineup than Acura's.

But Wikipedia says that it used the Honda H series engine and mine has the K series which is a direct derivative of the old H. So I'm guessing they were pretty similar.

I got my license this summer in Van

and my Iranian one last year summer (you gotta be 18 to get that one )

YAY, I have two licenses

What's the point of getting the Iranian one? Can't you drive over there with your foreign license? I think you can...

Isn't the exam there like super quick? The Class 5 is 45 minutes.

Guess which one is mine... no, it's not the one you think. I actually look where I park, unlike most people in Vancouver it seems.

http://img237.imageshack.**/img237/2449/0512061527qd2.jpg

^Park Royal :D

What's the point of getting the Iranian one? Can't you drive over there with your foreign license? I think you can...

Isn't the exam there like super quick? The Class 5 is 45 minutes.

I don't think you can drive there with foreigner license, or maybe you can, I don't care either way. anyways, the iranian license is valid for 10 years, and you can get it for cheap (both the classes and everything else), but you know driving in iran is totally different from here, however, the exams are kinda the same, except the fact that some institutes in iran don't take you in the crazy city, but just the back roads and not so busy streets. Parking and other stuff are the same as here.

And I gotta tell you, I was with about 20 other people in the exam day, 10 of which were women (POOP!) and they mostly failed LMAO, hell, some boys couldn't even launch the car, since they're all manuals. But I had no problem 8)

I always thought it funny that they take you to an empty, enclosed area to test your driving skills and give you a license. What's the point? It's not like the streets of Tehran resemble the parking lot they test you in.

At least I heard the tests are done in an enclosed area, maybe that's wrong. My family just drives with their Canadian licenses... my parents' licenses are both from the era of the Shah... needless to say they expired like 25 years ago.

Can you transfer an Iranian license to a Canadian one?
I had my "N" up until about 2 years ago...went to work in Alberta for the summer, and transferred it directly for a class 5! Pretty good deal, didn't have to deal with the stupid road test and re-license, which takes time and costs around $120.

I had my "N" suspended, twice I think, just for stupid stuff - 4 points, and they take it away for 3 or six months. Had a speeding ticket, fine, it was my fault - 3 points. Then failing to have the "N" displayed - another 3 points, license gone. Got it back, bought a MR2, got a speeding ticket and I think another failure to display, and had it taken away, again...Got it back, once again - and during that suspension they changed the rules - since it had just been re-issued to me, I would have to abide by them - have to have an "N" for two more years, only one non-family passenger, no alcohol, and any ticket would justify them taking it away. So I swapped it for a Class 5 in Alberta, and this year, upgraded to Class 6 so I could buy a death machine.

No, you can't transfer an Iranian license to a Canadian one. I don't think Iran is part of whatever international agreement which regulates these things and allows you to use your foreign license in kinda and the other way around.

I got my N suspended as well, for 3 months on 2 or 3 tickets, can't remember.