My brother's bacon-wrapped chicken breasts

Top Geek

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 240SX
Er... ok, you know what mean, his, but... not his... ugh...

From what I know:

• Flatten chicken breasts with meat mallet (if you don't have one, apparently a saran-wrapped hockey puck will do :canadian: :lol: )
  • Put some shredded cheddar cheese and chives on chicken
  • Roll/fold each chicken breast in half (or something) and wrap with supar-yummys BACON!!

Bake until... done-ish :p

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ep/epp_b/2009/09/02/DSC_1831.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ep/epp_b/2009/09/02/DSC_1832.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ep/epp_b/2009/09/02/DSC_1839.JPG

Sorry for the crappy pics, I spent no "thinking time" on them.

Last edited:
...(if you don't have one, apparently a saran-wrapped hockey puck will do :lol: )...

You can't get much more Canadian than that!:lol:

The chicken does look good though.

Just talked about this with my mother today ... bacon and chicken is always a winning formula ...

One remark I?d like to make though ... why flatten it? I?d say it would even be better "unflattend" because the chicken-structure stays intact ... ?!?!

was i the only one who initially read this topic as "bacon-wrapped breasts" ? :(

...anyhow

Chicken + Bacon + Swiss cheese = win.

personally i like having a couple strips of applewood bacon ontop of a piece of flank steak while grilling. flip it over, put bacon back on top. get some uber bacon juices into it. eat the bacon, then use the flank for fajitas!

hmm... i should make chicken fajitas some time now that i think of it...

..or just bacon fajitas... mmmm...... bacon...

One remark I?d like to make though ... why flatten it? I?d say it would even be better "unflattend" because the chicken-structure stays intact ... ?!?!
I think it's probably so that you can actually "stuff" it with cheese 'n chives.

I've made something very similar, actually. But I used prosciutto instead of bacon. Prosciutto is basically just bacon from a pig that was a snooty little wanker when it was alive.... I should have used bacon. Bacon is superior.

Looks good but....am I the only one here that hates chicken breast? Personally, I think it's the bost boring and tasteless meat that you can buy (plus it costs quite a bit), especially when you consider that birds these days are even more tasteless than before considering how they're raised. Dark meat just has so much more flavor, plus at my local supermarket, I can buy 4 juicy lambshanks for the price of a 2-pack of "grain-fed" chicken breasts. Braised lambshanks >>>>>>>>>>>> any dish containing chicken breasts.

I'm with Koenig, I prefer dark meat from turkey and chicken over its white meat.

^ I like duck. It's pretty much all dark meat and duck is some fat, tasty-ass bird, yo.:cool:
Duck is maybe a bit nicer than chicken, but it's such a pain. It's easy to cock it up when you're cooking it and you get very little meat.

That's why chicken rules all.