My car, finally!! 1986 M-Benz 300E

did they ever make those or the 190 in manual?

Yes, they did. Few were imported to the US. If you're looking for a manual W124 or W201, your best bet is going to be a 190E 2.3 or 2.5 manual. 2.6L or larger with manuals are rare in the US.

I think the Euro Front headlamps are better looking IMHO - if they are legal in the US (and why not the rest of the world get by with them without loads of dead MB owners littering the sidewalk) an option would be to fit them.

http://www.mbspares.com.au/www/graphics/AMG-front.jpg

They aren't technically legal, but we've been telling him to get them in the other thread he started for this car.

Yes, they did. Few were imported to the US. If you're looking for a manual W124 or W201, your best bet is going to be a 190E 2.3 or 2.5 manual. 2.6L or larger with manuals are rare in the US.

They aren't technically legal, but we've been telling him to get them in the other thread he started for this car.

I think if the Benz isn't a mid 90s S-Class or E-Class then it makes the car look similar to a Volvo 240.

I was all for changing the lights before I had the car, 100%. Then one day I had parked next to the 240 and it changed how I looked at the euro lights, don't want them now.

Thats OK, (heck, it's your car) it's actually what you may be used to seeing - it would be your choice and I expect it would make it less authentic NA version.

I'd love one myself actually, may be one of the 'specials' one day. ....

I think if the Benz isn't a mid 90s S-Class or E-Class then it makes the car look similar to a Volvo 240.

I was all for changing the lights before I had the car, 100%. Then one day I had parked next to the 240 and it changed how I looked at the euro lights, don't want them now.

I don't see the 240 resemblance.

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg