Ownership Verified: My Citroen C1!

Were all measurements done with the same gauge? If not, 0.3 bar is well within "acceptable" tolerances for the crap petrol stations use to fill tyres.
Yup, but it's the same pump I always use, which is kinda brand new.... Magic pixies I say! Wizardry!

The gauges aren't usually crap when they're new. A day or two later when they've been bashed around and left on the ground to be stepped on and driven over, they don't work worth a damn anymore.

IMG_20161121_073722211.jpg

50k gone. Still nothing to report apart from squeaky brakes at random times

Squeaky brakes turned out to be worn pads. All fixed now!

I have squeaky brakes now because new pads.. :mad:

2 of them were filled, which still doesn't explain why one GAINED 0,3 bar while the 3 others lost 0,1 bar over the course of a week. Magic tyre pixies?

Back to 'normal' with every tyre losing like 0.1 bar a month and the 'special' one being 0.2 lower....

6297e7c6584c716f8c9cf675d29d4bba.jpg

Only a light bulb, but still. One needs to be quite the proctologist/gynaecologist to be able to do something through such a tiny gap.

12687c7615ef575e3c977e7f15c9628a.jpg

Sheer luck, much fiddling and use of the force made it so this was fixed. At no point in the entire procedure was I able to see what I was doing....

c9969484c7ec0577dab4c0d5f22b009a.jpg

a747559b020269b9de6db1622be3ef78.jpg

Nothing to report other than a high fuel consumption... If you can call 6,4l/100km that. It doesn't like long stretches of highway at 160+ kph.

Summer wheels go back on once the weather decides what it wants to do.

I has summer tyres again. Other than that nothing new to report (again). It really is boring and reliable this car...

Service - check!
MOT - check!

Weirdly, they kinda forgot to set the lights up correctly at the dealers, so initially it didn't pass... drove back, they were super apologetic, fixed it on the spot, drove back to get the MOT in order, and even refunded the second MOT. Nice, all I lose is a little time

Probably my last update on this car, as there's a company car on the distant horizon....

I know I've said this before, but yet again I am astounded by how much crap you can fit in a C1, despite people thinking it's basically a shoe with wheels, it isn't.

Yes, a bicycle fits with ease!
7c95619a49266921b3f85f9130f2da28.jpg

Impressive!

and missing second row of seats...

and missing second row of seats...
Well, obviously... Unless you can shove a bike in your car without folding them down?

My wife's Picasso fits 2 kids BMXs with ease in just the trunk, but won't fit my MTB without either folding some seats down or removing the wheel of the bicycle first

Well, obviously... Unless you can shove a bike in your car without folding them down?
Honda can do that with three rows in use.:mrgreen:

Vans don't count! You can probably fit an entire C1 in there and still have a couple of seat rows left standing! :p

That is not something I'd ever think about with the headlight adjustment.

a747559b020269b9de6db1622be3ef78.jpg

Nothing to report other than a high fuel consumption... If you can call 6,4l/100km that. It doesn't like long stretches of highway at 160+ kph.

Summer wheels go back on once the weather decides what it wants to do.
Keep on truckin'. Time for winter wheels soon...
ae5e065378c64b3b20dbf4bf200fe6be.jpg

70k kms meanwhile, and apart from a rattly exhaust (that my friendly neighbourhood mechanic fixed for free), nothing to report.
I do have some sad news, the C1 is leaving me after 5 years of use.

Not because I wasn't happy with it, but because company car.

I shall let you speculate on what its replacement will be, but I'm pretty sure noone will guess it...
It's quite a bit larger since the kids are growing up, and that means it needs to be able to take bicycles sometimes (for which I'll get some sort of carry rack thing).

It's also not powered by petrol or diesel....

Speculate away, FGers of the world (the ones that are left)!