Ownership Verified: My E90 320D M Sport

I think I prefer the old wheels more, but new taillights are definite plus. Also, I didn't realize before that the trunk lid is bare carbon fiber under the clear coat. On a black car that's definitely cool.

Also, it's great to see you have motivation to document your own car even after all the work shooting! I imagine I'd totally fed up to shoot my own car, but I really admire people who have the enthusiasm to continue their job on the spare time :)

I finally managed to get some quick snaps (with an actual proper camera) of how everything has come together so far. This is probably as far I'm ever going to go with it, so hopefully from here on out it'll just be a case of enjoying it and maintaining it. I think it has come an awful long way since I collected it in August of last year, and it would be a shame to ruin it by not stopping now. Sometimes you just have to draw a line in the sand and call it done.

I do think another piece of Bavarian steel might be on the cards in the near future. However, it'll need to be powered by the green handled pump.

2006 BMW E90 320D M Sport
  • Factory M Sport Aero
  • KW Variant 1 Coilovers
  • F: 19x9.5 ET33 +5mm 3SDM 0.01 with Hankook Ventus Evo 225/35/19
  • R: 19x9.5 ET33 +15mm 3SDM 0.01 with Hankook Ventus Evo 255/30/19
  • BMW Performance Six Piston Front Brakes with 348mm Drilled, Grooved & Vented Discs
  • Stock Rear Brakes with EBC Turbogroove Discs & Yellow Stuff Pads
  • Custom Exhaust
  • Carbon Fibre CSL Style Bootlid
  • Carbon Fibre Roof Spoiler
  • Carbon Fibre SSDD Motorsport Corner Splitters
  • Depo LED Blackline Taillights
  • Umnitza P90 with Predator Orion V2 Angel Eyes
  • SSDD Motorsport Black Grills
  • Nokya 2500K Fog Lights
  • BMW Performance Pedals, Shifter & Handbrake
  • M Style Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel Insert
  • ProClip iPhone 5 Console Mount
  • PLX Kiwi WiFi OBDII Adapter
  • Blackberry Gateway A2DP Bluetooth AUX-IN Adapter
  • CG-Lock
  • Paintwork Protected and Maintained by CleanCar.ie

you win.

Haven't really had a whole lot to update you on over the last while, but have taken some recent pictures after a trip through Wales and the results of a recent cleaning session. Needless to say, I'm loving BMW ownership.

tumblr_mi9ye20w3a1rk3go9o1_1280.jpg

I have to ask, adding up all the money you've spent on this car, how many months/years could you have afforded with a factory car but with a proper engine, like a 335i?

I have to ask, adding up all the money you've spent on this car, how many months/years could you have afforded with a factory car but with a proper engine, like a 335i?

To answer your question, running a stock 335i in Ireland would probably stand me around twice what my current car costs me including modifications. We have very high rates of annual motor tax and the 335i (or 335D) for that matter would be charged at around ?1,800 per annum, more than twice what I'm currently paying. That's before insurance, higher running costs and increased fuel economy are taken into account. As it stands, my car is currently making 200BHP & 300 LB/FT with a very mild tune (remap & filter) but could make closer to 300BHP with a bigger turbo, injectors, FMIC and less restrictive exhaust setup. I'd then have more power, torque and still be more fuel efficient than a 335i for less than the price of a stock 335i.

Very nice wagon you have there. Great fitting colour. Sure, the "adding modification/stuff bit by bit until it's too much" scenario you have going on isn't my world, but I surely can understand you motives.

In CH the correct hp figure must be in the car papers. If you tune the hp's up on your motor (even a remap) you have to oficially dyno the car afterwards. - I assume that's not the case in your country, since it seems you don't know the exact hp figure of your car?

Last edited:
Very nice wagon you have there. Great fitting colour. Sure, the "adding modification/stuff bit by bit until it's too much" scenario you have going on isn't my world, but I surely can understand you motives.

In CH the correct hp figure must be in the car papers. If you tune the hp's up on your motor (even a remap) you have to oficially dyno the car afterwards. - I assume that's not the case in your country, since it seems you don't know the exact hp figure of your car?

Thanks! You're right in that we have no requirement to dyno the cars here. Other similar cars to mine have made in excess of 200BHP with the same tuner and remap (a couple have made 220+BHP) so I have an accurate idea of what power the car is making, but no real urge to find out a definite number. I've used a couple of dyno apps on my phone and they've all given a consistent reading of around 202BHP but I don't know if I would place a whole heap of trust in them!

Bloody hell, it's been a long time since this was updated so I'll give the summarised version.

So far in 2013 I have done a bit of driving...

PMcGE90LED-6_zps86599953.jpg

...fitted all LED interior lights...

8641031924_e5e15e24cc_z.jpg

...had it detailed at CleanCar...

photo-3_zpsa6c23ffd.jpg

...lowered it some more...

7a253b5cc38a11e28f3922000ae90d55_7.jpg

...removed the front plate and had the bumper filled and smoothed...

13_zps57481740.jpg

...installed upgraded under-seat subwoofers...

PMcGE90CustomPlateHolder-8_zps5e7951f9.jpg

...designed my own number plate quick release system...

PMcGE90CarbonInterior-8_zpsd521a15c.jpg

...fitted full carbon interior trim...

DSC09289_zps2060ead7.jpg

...serviced it...

...drove it some more...

DSC00190_zpsaec4b316.jpg

...removed the EGR valve...

DSC00242_zps7655e30e.jpg

...and finally changed to a set of 19" 7 Series wheels. Next on the list is another service, new diffuser, new splitter, intake scoops, FMIC, braided brake lines, de-cat, headlights to be split and blacked out, new fog lights (old ones are cracked) and to get it protected for the winter. Further down the line I'm hoping to do an M3 control arm conversion and maybe leave it at that. Maybe.

Thanks for reading

Savage Car!!

Savage Car!!

Bloody hell, it's been a long time since this was updated so I'll give the summarised version.

So far in 2013 I have done a bit of driving...

PMcGE90LED-6_zps86599953.jpg

...fitted all LED interior lights...

8641031924_e5e15e24cc_z.jpg

...had it detailed at CleanCar...

photo-3_zpsa6c23ffd.jpg

...lowered it some more...

7a253b5cc38a11e28f3922000ae90d55_7.jpg

...removed the front plate and had the bumper filled and smoothed...

13_zps57481740.jpg

...installed upgraded under-seat subwoofers...

PMcGE90CustomPlateHolder-8_zps5e7951f9.jpg

...designed my own number plate quick release system...

PMcGE90CarbonInterior-8_zpsd521a15c.jpg

...fitted full carbon interior trim...

DSC09289_zps2060ead7.jpg

...serviced it...

...drove it some more...

DSC00190_zpsaec4b316.jpg

...removed the EGR valve...

DSC00242_zps7655e30e.jpg

...and finally changed to a set of 19" 7 Series wheels. Next on the list is another service, new diffuser, new splitter, intake scoops, FMIC, braided brake lines, de-cat, headlights to be split and blacked out, new fog lights (old ones are cracked) and to get it protected for the winter. Further down the line I'm hoping to do an M3 control arm conversion and maybe leave it at that. Maybe.

Thanks for reading

Your Car is simply stunning. I am from your area and have recently decided to start my own project with my 05 Beemer. Got some great ideas from your Thread. Unfortunately my motor isnt in as good nick as yours starting off but I love it and will get her mint in time. Any ball park figure on what you have spent on yours?