My fight with liver failure has ended...

Steve Levin

Master of Disaster
Car(s)
Spec Racer Ford!
(I know I haven't been active on the forums for years now, but as time goes by and one loses touch with people, I wanted to post this here as well. Please excuse the consumption of electrons)

After a very trying couple of months (upon the three years of battle we've waged) Tami Levin and I have made the difficult decision for me to transition from the transplant path to that of hospice, or "comfort care." We will be focused on spending the time we have left together seeing family and friends, and having those long sunset chats as the sun drops lower through our view windows.

I know it has been been an imperfect ride through life, but I think that, on the whole, I managed to have a slightly positive overall impact on the world around me.

I have said many times that the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and I still hold that dear.

God bless all, and may the sun and the stars shine forever brightly upon you.

I told you before and I'll do it again, it just sucks .. so much.. you'll still have to make it to Do against all odds.. :(

Steve this is devastating news to hear and I'm so so sorry.

You have made such a positive impact on all of us and I hope you know how much we all respect you here at FG.

whimpers nooooooo.

That’s awful news, but I understand how tiring it is to fight all the time.

I hope that you’re comfortable and you get to spend quality time with your family and friends. Thank you for being a part of our FG family.

I don’t think I ever knew who you were, but you have my deepest condolences. Make the most of what time is left, especially with your family and friends.

I don't know if you're going to see it or not, but I sent you a few messages on #gear, it felt more personal than just commenting on here.

Damn, man, that sucks. My best wishes to you and your loved ones for the time you have left.

Gutted by the news. I still remember you being on IRC describing your symptoms and asking whether they were serious.

I'm really glad I got to know you, and I will remember our chats well. Godspeed.

Man that absolutely sucks man, if you believe in a higher power hope you go to the place you want. If not just remember that information cannot be destroyed and some part of you will always be in this universe.

This year fucking sucks. I'm so sorry that it's down to hospice.

For anyone in the US, here is information on Organ Donation: https://www.organdonor.gov/
The most important step is to document your wishes and tell your loved ones! They are the ones who can actually make the decision and have to approve it. Please become a donor!

Gutted by the news. I still remember you being on IRC describing your symptoms and asking whether they were serious.

I'm really glad I got to know you, and I will remember our chats well. Godspeed.
Yeah.. I distinctly remember telling him to go to the fucking hospital ASAP! Sadly years later, still not the desired result. :(

I think my words were "my neighbour had this, he was dead within 24 hours"... Really glad that didn't happen, but it still hurts that you weren't given more time...
Yes, I think that the conversation was along the lines of you and me "hospital, asap!", and "you think?" followed by then you again with "dead co-worker"... So in the circumstances I guess I'm glad you got 3 years out of it :(

Once again we are.reminded about how unfair life can be.

This is truly sad news. May you and yours find some joy and solace in your remaining time.

I barely know you, but this saddens me immensely.