My First Car! 1994 Acura Integra

I wonder if the sedan handles much differently from the 2dr version.

I have no idea why people change out the exhaust tip to those stupid fart cannons, the car in stock form already sounds quite decent from the inside.

Because they want the "performance increase" that comes from a straight-through muffler, and most of them are so tone deaf that they'd prefer volume over tone.

There's so few inline 4s that actually sound good, and your average cannon muffler tends to just make the bad noise even louder.

Also, there's a difference between replacing just the tip of your muffler and replacing the entire exhaust itself.

I wonder if the sedan handles much differently from the 2dr version.

Speaking from experience, the sedan feels slightly more solid in stock form. This shows not just in the handling, but the little squeaks, rattles, and road noise that are so prevalent in the hatch are nowhere near as noticeable and irritating in the sedan. The slightly longer wheelbase gives the car a slightly different feel, as well. A lot of people prefer the 4 door's handling to the 2 door...I can't say whether I have a preference or not. You can feel a difference though.

As for the sound of these cars, and the godawful fart cannon style mufflers, I bought my car with a full aftermarket exaust including header. It was a fart cannon, and while it performed very nicely, it sounded so bad that I purchased a used stock axleback for $30 and replaced the aftermarket muffler that had cost $500 new. My friends called my car "The Swarm of Bees":lol: Now it's just slightly louder than stock, but the exhaust is drowned out by intake snarl. I love it :D