Ownership Verified: My first car is a Benz

Wow, that looks pretty unscathed for a full rollover! I don't even see a dent in the roof. Good to hear you're okay.

I really need to avoid driving sleepy, I'm guilty of being overtired often myself while driving, it's surely worse than driving drunk.

Also, I like how well your location:
Goes together with this picture:
http://a.imageshack.**/img710/604/img0936z.jpg
Wow, yeah, you really are in the middle of nowhere!

bash the back wondow and you can replace the irritating chackerboard window vibe for nada.
'grats on the life experience. If you aint overdoin' it, you're half assin'.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness! I couldn't tell that was a rollover until you mentioned it. That's pretty amazing for a car to hold up like that. I've almost fallen asleep at the wheel a couple times and that's one of the scariest things that can happen, IMHO. Glad to hear you're okay.

Glad you are OK. I know how you feel, I rolled my first car as well (W126). Good luck with your next Benz :)

Here, story starts on page 3, http://forums.finalgear.com/post-your-car/my-old-e-class-coupe-35941/page-3/#post1238044 . I've sold the car by now to buy the 560SEC, even though the thread there does not say so.
BTW if you have persistent pain, especially tomorrow, get yourself checked out asap. It's always a good idea to have yourself checked after a jolt like that but even more so if you can feel pain. There is also trauma which does not immediately manifest itself as pain.

Ah I remember it now, i've already read the story :)
If you mean my tense neck, then I'll first try to solve it with a hot bath and if that doesn't help, I will have to go to the doctor.

The W124 did what it was designed to do. The best thing you can do is honour it by getting an another one.

That's exactly what I will do.

Wow, that looks pretty unscathed for a full rollover! I don't even see a dent in the roof. Good to hear you're okay.

I really need to avoid driving sleepy, I'm guilty of being overtired often myself while driving, it's surely worse than driving drunk.

Also, I like how well your location:

Goes together with this picture:

Wow, yeah, you really are in the middle of nowhere!

As said before, take me as a bad example before it happens to you. It's probably better if you learn out of my crash now rather than your own ;)

What really helps, is excersinging in the morning, right after you get up (20 push-ups or whatever you can/want to achieve). I didn't do that yesterday morning and you can see by yourself what happened <_<

First of all: Glad you made it out alive and well!

As a driver of an "Opel of the same era" i feel offended: they were built with safety in mind!
https://pic.armedcats.net/d/dr/dr_grip/2011/03/11/prospekt2p.jpg

On a completely unrelated note i intend to not roll my car.

Sorry to have offended you, what i meant to say was:
Oh my goodness! I couldn't tell that was a rollover until you mentioned it.
Wow, that looks pretty unscathed for a full rollover!
That was rolled?? It barely looks damaged at all for what happened to it!

Can you spot a trend?

Glad you are OK. I know how you feel, I rolled my first car as well (W126). Good luck with your next Benz :)

I thought you sold that one? Or am I speaking of another car?

As said before, take me as a bad example before it happens to you. It's probably better if you learn out of my crash now rather than your own ;)

What really helps, is excersinging in the morning, right after you get up (20 push-ups or whatever you can/want to achieve). I didn't do that yesterday morning and you can see by yourself what happened <_<

My problem isn't so much that I'm sleepy in the morning or things like that, but that I'm literally overtired from having been awake for 36 or 48 hours or some silly amount like that.

In fact scarily enough I did exactly that yesterday.... only a short 15 minute drive from an adjecent Landkreis back to Munich, but as you know, fate can strike at any moment. And then I came home and read this thread. Omen perhaps?

EDIT: I believe I've read somewhere that 24 hours without sleep is equivalent to 1?, so even though my body is slightly more tolerant than most to staying up long, 48 hours is still pretty bad.

Last edited:
My problem isn't so much that I'm sleepy in the morning or things like that, but that I'm literally overtired from having been awake for 36 or 48 hours or some silly amount like that.

In fact scarily enough I did exactly that yesterday.... only a short 15 minute drive from an adjecent Landkreis back to Munich, but as you know, fate can strike at any moment. And then I came home and read this thread. Omen perhaps?

EDIT: I believe I've read somewhere that 24 hours without sleep is equivalent to 1?, so even though my body is slightly more tolerant than most to staying up long, 48 hours is still pretty bad.

Well my dad told me (after i told him about this mess) that he used to sleep in his car for half an hour or so whenever he was tired. And his situation was pretty much the same as yours: staying awake for a LONG time and then having to face a drive home (only his was ~400km)

I think that is the right way to handle it, rather come home in one piece and late than not at all, stranded at the side of some Bundesstrasse or even worse...

Glad you're ok'ish and the Benz looks mostly unhurt from the rollover. I couldn't explain some of the damages until you mentioned it.

I (almost?) nodded off going 40kph in some town on a sunday afternoon on my bike, about 50km from my destination. The switch from stable to unstable driving sort of shook me awake. Immediately I headed for some sort of busdepot to take a nap, which helped plenty. Got about 20 minutes shuteye and proceeded afterwards well refreshed.

Sooo...

I just called the seller of another W124 in my area (the deal i got by the boss of the tow company) and tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of my second Benz altough the first day i can drive it will be Monday tuesday evening.

Pics tomorrow or Monday

Last edited:
Coincidentally, the Benz doesn't visually differ much of the cheapest W124:s sold here. I don't know if that tells you more of the car's structural integrity or the quality of Finnish used cars (Tuusula, anybody?)

Coincidentally, the Benz doesn't visually differ much of the cheapest W124:s sold here. I don't know if that tells you more of the car's structural integrity or the quality of Finnish used cars (Tuusula, anybody?)

come back tomorrow and youll see a 1200? Benz that has winter+ summer tires, summer tires are on alloys and no real rust apart from one door...
that's not the cheapest that i could get, but I know it's been serviced well etcetera.

Last edited:
Finalgear top tip: do not even try to collect 1200 ? at any german bancomat between 18:30 Saturday and 6:10 Sunday morning, it will just tell you there is no money left :(

Tomorrow it is, then...

Sooo...

I just called the seller of another W124 in my area (the deal i got by the boss of the tow company) and tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of my second Benz altough the first day i can drive it will be Monday tuesday evening.

Pics tomorrow or Monday

Great to hear that the car protected you and that another is on the way! :D

Yippi Yeah
http://img710.imageshack.**/img710/6826/img0946et.jpg

this will be my next car...

Alloys, Sunroof and no radio

Pics etc. Wednesday when i'll collect it

Edit: first thing i'll do is clean it :)

Last edited:
Looks nice and original. What's the haze in the windscreen, I hope it's not under the laminate?

That's an 80s model year car, right? I thought all of them had black (plastic) side strips and mirrors. The same as the front bumper.

You should get some 15" Kanaldeckels for it. :)