My First Race...

eMKay

Car(s)
21 laps of the 'ring
I got my competition license this year, and did my first two races last weekend. I an driving a borrowed Nissan NX2000 prepared for SCCA Improved Touring class, what this means is normal mass produced automobiles older than 5 years, no engine modifications allowed (header, ECU, CAI, Blueprinting, stuff like that is allowed), but you can modify the suspension, and strip most of the interior. 6-8 point cage, 5 point harness, an other safety gear required of course. This car is not prepared to the max of the rules (worn out KYB shocks, old tires, and an alignment problem that is now fixed) My friend bought it to get his license, and allowed me to use it to get mine (we are both building new cars). I'm hooked now though. I have a great deal of autocross and track experience so that helped a lot (obvious by my sig)

I finished 13th out of 27 overall and 8th out of 14 in class in my first race on Saturday, and 11th overall, 6th in class on Sunday. See my video section for some video from the race.

The first part is an "incident" I had in qualifying. The shot from the bridge of the start was actually the start of my 2nd race on Sunday, I get passed, and make some passes, some cars slide off track (actually the same car twice :) ) I guess I did pretty good in my first race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONbs-B6XTXs

A couple pictures...
44.jpg

48.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like you qualified pretty well, and you did a pretty well job of fending people off, especially since it's your first race. It can definitely be intimidating.