My Ford Fiesta 1.6 Zetec-S

dinp

Car(s)
'08 Fiesta Zetec-S
Back in Oct, my 2006, 1.6 Petrol, Fiesta Zetec-S arrived. I'd originally saw one at the motor show in Sea Grey and fell in love with it straight away. Ordered via Broadspeed, saved about ?2500 off the list price so spent some of the saving speccing up the equipment as the standard spec was a bit mean. I specified:

- 6 Disc Multichanger with Steering Column controls
- Silver insert for dashboard, which I think makes all the difference for just ?50
- Ipod connector
- Quickclear front heated screen and electric mirrors
- Body coloured mirrors (yes, even THEY weren't standard!!)

0-60 is quoted to be 9.9 seconds and while I haven't timed it, it certainly feels eager. The handling is superb, country roads are an absolute joy to tackle. The gearshift is slick, the seats hug you well (not that there's much body roll anyway) and perhaps the only downside is the small fuel tank, coupled with a high-revving engine at speed means that if you cane it on the motorway, you'll be stopping quite often!

l_5942a9bc7f41bdcfc7c07f26c7201f31.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

Nice car! :clap: I like small hatches.

Seriously cool car, spec'd just the way it should be I would say aswell. I wish we got nice little hatches like that over here in canada.

Lovin' it. :) Allways loved the latest Fiestas. :)

I would take it back, they put the wheel on the wrong side.

Cool car.

Damn, in that dark grey it looks so cool. I ordered one in November, and this was my initial choice of color, but in the end I changed my mind and ordered it in black. After seeing yours, I think I chose the wrong color :(

I've seen a few other Zetec-S Fiestas, a couple of red, couple of silver and couple of black. Black and Grey are the colours to go for - the silver and red ones don't look as good IMO. I waited about 8/9 weeks for mine, what's the waiting list for yours Z102?

Quickclear screen came in very handy this morning - iced up front screen melted in no more than a minute :)

Who would have thought grey could actually be a nice colour?!

But...0-60 in 9.9 seconds? I personally believe that there's more to car than just straight line acceleration, but that's just a bit too slow for me.

But whatever, it's your car and if you're having fun driving it, more power to ya. :)

I've seen a few other Zetec-S Fiestas, a couple of red, couple of silver and couple of black. Black and Grey are the colours to go for - the silver and red ones don't look as good IMO. I waited about 8/9 weeks for mine, what's the waiting list for yours Z102?

Curiously, I have seen many in red, a few in black, and even in porcelain blue (what in Britain seems to be known as "Tonic") and Tango Red but so far I haven't seen any in grey. In white it looks great, too, provided that you order the "GT pack", which includes the infamous "GT Stripes". I think I should have ordered it in grey, because I'm sure it'd be the only one in that colour around here. But I guess it's too late for that, because just yesterday evening they called me from the dealer. My baby is here, and on Monday I have to go and sort out the paperwork. I can hardly wait :)

BTW, the choice of colours in Britain seems to be shorter. Only five colours, whereas if I'm not mistaken in Spain we have 8 (your 5 plus Navy Blue, Tango Red and Tonic Blue).

Quickclear screen came in very handy this morning - iced up front screen melted in no more than a minute :)

I don't think I need that over here, because it's usually quite warm (not today, today we have a really British day: pouring rain, north wind and very cold). I did spec the folding mirrors and the iPod connector, plus the extra airbags. I tried to spec just things that I knew I would use. That's why I didn't go for the 6CD changer, for instance. If you can plug in your MP3s, you don't really need to carry around 6 CDs.

In any case, as I said, that's a cool car, and I'm counting the minutes until I can finally drive mine.

But...0-60 in 9.9 seconds? I personally believe that there's more to car than just straight line acceleration, but that's just a bit too slow for me.

But whatever, it's your car and if you're having fun driving it, more power to ya. :)

Yeah its definitely not the fastest car on the circuit but it feels faster than it is and if you want more speed, there's always the ST variant. A lot of my driving is round town and i can average 36mpg if i dont drive like a chav, whilst still enjoying the mint handling :D

And Z102 you're right, there is less of a choice in colours for the Zetec-S which is a shame because I like the white (with stripes) and tonic colours. Still glad I went for grey though (never thought i'd hear myself say that!)

Yeah, the local reviews say they could do with a little more power (but the 1.6 is the only engine we get, until the ST/XR4 arrives mid-year).

Still, they look like a nice little car, IMO, if I had $20k and had to choose a little car, i'd buy one of them. (they're $18490AUD here)