My Forza Horizon Review (Yes, The Full Game, Not The Demo)

How about a Golf R?

:lol:

If so I'll get it just to do things in an R that I would never do in my real R. Like take it offroad. :p

Yes, it is a pre-order car

golfr.jpg

Last edited:
Additionally the gear ratios on the Viper are too short. It's in third at 100 MPH when it should be down in second probably. :p The exhaust note also isn't quite right, not enough growl and then scream to it. That said, it's super awesome driving a car I own in a video game in cockpit mode. Very weird feeling too.

FYI, the ratios listed on drivesrt.com say third gear for 100 MPH. 6400 RPM redline means first maxes at 65 MPG, second at 93, third at 123, fourth at 147, fifth at 191, and sixth theoretically 233 by my math.

Hi I'm brazilian and I made pre order of the game. I played the "demo version". I still play Forza 4 every day and my question is about the customization. Can I bought any car and put wheels 22" for example? Or can I put turbo in a car ? Or change the motor? Like Forza 4? Thanks.

FYI, the ratios listed on drivesrt.com say third gear for 100 MPH. 6400 RPM redline means first maxes at 65 MPG, second at 93, third at 123, fourth at 147, fifth at 191, and sixth theoretically 233 by my math.

Heh, okay, fine. :p

Yes, I do hit the rev limiter from time to time but not usually so I am usually just switching into third at 100 MPH. Ingame though I believe it's well up into the top of third at 100 MPH IIRC.

Hi I'm brazilian and I made pre order of the game. I played the "demo version". I still play Forza 4 every day and my question is about the customization. Can I bought any car and put wheels 22" for example? Or can I put turbo in a car ? Or change the motor? Like Forza 4? Thanks.

After you buy custom wheels (can't customize factory ones), yes you can control the wheel size. I don't know if you can put on dumb sizes like 22" (yuck) though. Yes, you can add a turbo, add racing parts, etc. but you can't swap engine sizes.

Last edited:
That said, it's super awesome driving a car I own in a video game in cockpit mode. Very weird feeling too.

LOL I never knew (or maybe I forgot?) you actually do own a viper...and I am a regular visitor from back in the days when running the gear.viper007bond.com domain

thanks for the review...can't wait to try it when my xbox360 owning buddy gets the game....I just hope they didn't change the physics too much from Forza Motorsport cause I've always wanted to play some decent driving game with traffic...I've spent many evenings at his place playing Forza 1/2/3/4 and that game is the one and only reason I am still considering getting an xbox even though I have a pretty decent gaming rig

LOL I never knew (or maybe I forgot?) you actually do own a viper...and I am a regular visitor from back in the days when running the gear.viper007bond.com domain

The Viper is a fairly recent acquisition (this past March). :)