My friends and I take on Top Gear with our own film

LOL i saw this on bimmerforums also. IMO I hate it.

Ah, you'd be the chap who said this on bimmerforums then...

fail. bunch of white boys trying to be like top gear.

Really constructive there.

{quote}fail. bunch of white boys trying to be like top gear.{/quote}

as opposed to clarkson, hammond and may, who are all clearly black :lol:

:lol:

I find it more than mildly amusing that the first person to heckle us was also a racist. I knew some people might think our thing was too similar to TG but I never thought being white would be our downfall!!

In other news, I'm well into editing now and with about 1/3 of the footage roughly cut, it's looking like the final product will probably be somewhere between 45 minutes to an hour long.

I'm also on the lookout for any good royalty-free instrumental music so if you guys have any suggestions in that department, I'd love to hear them.

Thy dost have mail, Mr SVB. Re music.

are you going to be selling your film?

I don't get the complaints about being "too much like Top Gear". That's like saying the girl you're seeing looks too much like Keira Knightley (yes, I know I'm ripping off JC). That's a bad thing how? If these guys were trying to be like TG but failing, then maybe that'd make sense, but from the trailers, they've managed to resemble Top Gear where it matters most, the presenter interaction. In that sense, yes, it is too much like Top Gear, and I look forward to more of it.

SECOND TRAILER

SECOND TRAILER

Hey everyone! The outpouring of support for our project has been awesome.

We've gone ahead and decided to do some additional shooting which will be happening sometime this month. Ultimately it became necessary to do in order to ensure that the film is really complete when we release it. So we're probably looking at December for a release date.

In the meantime, I thought I'd go ahead and release a second trailer for the film. Here you go!

FOR THE BEST QUALITY VERSION:
http://greatestroadinca.blogspot.com/

If that's too much to load and you just want to watch the crappy flash version, you can go directly to the trailer here:

http://blip.tv/file/1320360/

Or the youtube version here:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VTjPVQqYrk[/YOUTUBE]

are you going to be selling your film?

Possibly -- depends on what you mean by "selling." We're entertaining an offer to distribute the film online through cinsay.com. If we come to a deal that works for everyone, you'll be able to watch the film there with just a couple advertisements. There will also be a premiere somewhere in either San Francisco or LA but that may end up just being a family & friends affair depending on what we're able to put together.

As I said before, initially we only really considered that we were doing this for fun and for ourselves, but given the responses we've seen so far, we're going to try to get it out there so everyone can see it. And of course, we may want to go further... we'd love to do something like this again. It is an absolute blast, and hopefully you'll find we are decent at it as well. But to do something like this again would require a budget, so if we do decide to do more, we would definitely have to "get it sold."

Kudos for the effort dude, i find it pretty ballsy that you spent 5 grand on a car to thrash when regular people would buy something else, good stuff mate and hope u go well with it.

Top work there guys. Want to see it more than ever now.

Possibly -- depends on what you mean by "selling."

Well, to put it simply, will I as an end-user have to pay money, or will I have to torrent it :p:p

Wow, that's looking really good guys. The trailers both look awesome. The production quality looks top notch as well. Good luck with the post and additional shooting!

very very very nice mates! Love the cars as wel.

I have a question for Mr SVB [again]. Did you seek official permission to film... wherever it was you filmed, and if so, was it expensive.