My Golf Mk IV TDI

mautzel

Car(s)
Octavia Combi Mk II
Time to post my car as well.

I'm driving what's the most popular car in Germany for over two decades now - the Volkswagen Golf, im my case with the standard 100hp TDI engine. I got it mainly because it was a good deal for me back then and a chance to repace my ageing first car, an Opel Astra, in January 2005. When I got it it had done approx. 115.000KM, now I'm heading towards 150.000KM. I'm pretty satisfied with it in general, I like it's looks, it's comfortable, spacious enough for my needs (though there are more spacious competitors in that class) and pretty reliable *knock on wood*. and since I'm a student it's pretty much the best I can / am willing to afford at the moment.

Yes, it's a FWD Diesel and I already can hear a couple of you yawning somewhere, but I'm not a very sporty driver in general and prefer a motorcycle for winding country roads anyway. Apart from some odd occasionally malfunctions of it, I love the turbocharger it has got, because it a) would be awfully slow without it (drove my parent's Mk III Golf SDI for some time, so I know of what I'm speaking! :) ) and b) I like the subtle punch with which the carger presses you very gently into the seat while listening to the whistling of the charger when accelerating in second or third gear.

The car's stock apart from the stereo (a Sony Minidisc unit) and the hubcaps - the original ones have been stolen 1.5 years ago and I couldn't be bothered to repace them with original ones due to the astronomical VW prices and don't like the black steel rims either, hence these rather bling ones. It's equipped with pretty much everything I could wish: air condition, electric windows, remote central locking, sun roof and six air bags in case that something should go wrong.

Some specs:

100hp, 4cyl. 1.9l and relatively noisy Diesel engine, 240NM of max. tourque, 5 speed manual and a top speed of roughly 200 KM/H according to the speedo (according to VW it "only" reaches 180 KM/H).

http://img248.imageshack.**/img248/9969/dsc0836ru8.jpg

http://img178.imageshack.**/img178/1183/dsc0841hs7.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.**/img227/7448/dsc1464jr6.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.**/img227/3893/img7594np6.jpg

Looks good. Now, as we know, diesels can take alot of power. So it is time to crank up the boost! :D

And I know what you mean about the turbo spooling. I love it, I cant get enough of it.

Nice car, I like blue :happy:

It's my favourite colour of what was available for the Golf, I even chose the colour for that very car when it was bought new, but at that time I didn't even consider to own it by myself one day. :)

Very nice, love the color.

Looks good mautzel :).

is that the Nordwest Zentrum lot or the NeuIsenburg Zentrum? :p

Thanks for all your comments!

bone: the colour is a metallic paint and was an optional (and admittedly a fashionable) colour back then, that's why you still see it rather often today. It's similar to the standard light blue you could get on the Mk III Golf, but you don't habe to polish it every two weeks in order to prevent its glance.

Alok: neither nor, it's the Main Taunus Zentrum! :)

Looking nice. Are those caps? Any chance of putting on some R32 wheels? :)

I'm a big can of the 4s.

Golf IV is a very solid choice. Does pretty much everything right.

I'd love to have Climatronic on my Leon too. Oh well, it isn't that warm in Finland anyway.. :lol:

Is that the R32 blue colour, btw? Love it.

Looking nice. Are those caps? Any chance of putting on some R32 wheels? :)

I wouldn't mind a set of alloys - all I'm missing is the money, hence the hubcaps! :(

I sometimes think that the climatronic is rather difficult to operate, especially while driving. It just has too many similar buttons at one place, the perfect solution for me still are round dials such as the Mk V Golf has got. Other than that, I'm not complaining! :)

(I am complaning about the strange manner of my car to switch on the brake lights during night which leads to an emptied battery in the morning lately :mad: - gotta visit my dealer to sort that out!)