Someone Else's Problem: My Hot Latino - '16 Beetle Cabrio

The sticker-thing is exactly why I decided to splurge (2? / wheel, who cares) on rubber that has a higher speed limit than the car :)

I would too for 2?, but the winter wheel package included in the lease has exactly one wheel-tyre combination to choose from :dunno:

I'm still curious if the combo is actually legit for the car, considering my ABE is for lower power versions only... anyone able to pull up-to-date ABEs? The wheels carry the number 50097, my ABE is from 2014.

Last edited:
I am not sure the sticker is required any more. Hence why not providing it is okay. Might be worth actually checking!

Instead you'd set the computer, right? The requirement for a visible thing is still in the law.

Not sure, I was just told that it wasn't required :)

Please check and inform as I'm lazy

Please check and inform as I'm lazy

The :) at my VW dealer says setting the computer is enough. He also said my wheels are fine without a valid ABE because they're homologated for the car :dunno:

In other news, the sun was out today :cool:

Taken just after noon, long wing mirror shadows are long.

Last edited:
:wub:

Beetle Log, Day 170: I don't think this barren tree will work for much longer to hide in this monochrome road :ninja:

Your car is the only one that has an actual colour on it ... :no:

Your car is the only one that has an actual colour on it ... :no:

Well the BRG Jaaaag does count... but apart from that the only other colour in the picture is right behind the Beetle, a bright violet metallic Pony.

By now a bright red Peugeot has parked here :clap: and a diarrhoea Touran :puke:

Last edited:
That's near the Elbe, isn't it? I saw a beetle in your colour, might've been you and we might've crossed ways. :D

That's near the Elbe, isn't it? I saw a beetle in your colour, might've been you and we might've crossed ways. :D

Not quite, the bottom picture is in Brazil, the top is slightly west of California... over 90km from the Elbe as the crow flies :tease:

There is at least one second Habanero Orange Beetle on KI plates, but it's the hatchback version.

Last edited:
...Brazil? California? :lol:

I didn't look at the plates - just the colour was enough for me to know it might be you as it's so rare. :D

I can haz spring :cool:

I can haz summer :cool:

First epic five-day roadtrip in the Beetle was epic, ~2000km including an epic place in the Eifel and epic training at ADAC including a few dozen laps of their track :clap:

Obligatory lunchen at Br?nnchen stop.

:shifty:

Clearly faked. The 991 model GT3 hasn't been available up until 2013.