Someone Else's Problem: My Hot Latino - '16 Beetle Cabrio

On my way to the 'Ring :cool:

At the 'Ring :ninja:

:lol:

I still want one of these, there's a dealer with a orange 2016 for 14k.

One day..lol...one day...

Was reminded of this yesterday... here are the biggest stock rear brakes inside the Monterey wheels:

:yucky:

All Suburbans and Tahoes(as well as the GMC and Cadillac versions) have looked that stupid since the last generation. Having driven them, they could serious use bigger brakes. There gobs of space so I don't know why they don't utilize it.

All is well... Used the free maintenance/wear included in the lease for the first time for some fresh wipers while they put the winter boots on, the original ones went solid pretty quickly :dunno:

Summer vacation is on!

KT2lCuY.jpg

...about 4000km ago, before It got all grimey :yucky:

Great, where is that? Norway?

Yup - that was atop Aurlandsfjell, missed it last trip because it was still snowed shut. This time around there was only about a kilometre of up to underbody-scraping levels on the road :cool:

Norway made the Beetle quite unthirsty :eek:

7jmF9DJ.jpg

...and that's a net 700m higher than the previous fillup at sea level :eek: downhill right after the fillup:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/zoGluJO.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Washed almost 9000km of Norwegian grime and insects off... felt good :thumbup:

Before:

slc6PNd.jpg

KAh7cYM.jpg

h9bIAX0.jpg

aVc24mT.jpg

Work in progress:

PoMqerV.jpg

All shiny :cool:

xtoym3H.jpg

3n3Bn3K.jpg

9000km? Where the hell did you go?

TobiasG;n3551052 said:
9000km? Where the hell did you go?

Indeed, drove past Hell twice :tease:

Ferry into Kristiansand, fjord shenanigans, Atlantic coast, Helgelandskysten, Lofoten, North Cape, Russian border, Finland, Sweden, back into Norway around the Arctic circle, down through the mountains, ferry out of Larvik.

That sounds fantastic! Pretty much like the 2015 FG roadtrip in reverse.

public;n3551059 said:
That sounds fantastic! Pretty much like the 2015 FG roadtrip in reverse.

It was :mouse: 564l of juicy petrol for 120.44EUR, 840.54SEK, 639.69DKK and 6022.36NOK (926€) over 9077km (between fillups - slightly less on the actual trip, I returned with about half a tank more than I left with), for 6.21l/100km overall :D
€/l went bonkers, but l/100km took a dive: https://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detai...ht/781443.html

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/GnvmBzU.jpg"}[/IMG2]

The Beetle didn't miss a beat :clap: while it took quite a beating on some of the rougher roadwork sections...

Last edited:
Good lord man!

That seems like quite a trip! Well done! And well done, too, Beetle. Judging from Schpritmonitor, apparently this has taken you roughly two weeks...?

Mitchi;n3551107 said:
That seems like quite a trip! Well done! And well done, too, Beetle. Judging from Schpritmonitor, apparently this has taken you roughly two weeks...?

Nah, two weeks would have been tough, purely driving dawn till dusk, or whatever the midnight sun equivalent is.
I took twenty days, to be precise - 16 fillups, rolled into 15 rows on there (June 20th has a small splash-and-dash from the 19th for bonkers prices, it doesn't actually take 55.55l). Didn't take the direct route, for example spent two days for Lofoten, some time in fjord country, and didn't go down in Sweden on the way back which would have cut two nights but be less interesting.