Ownership Verified: My impulsive purchase of the "big six" - '88 E34 535i

Finally replaced my radiator yesterday, now I won't have any cooling issues :)

Here's why:
20140402_145403.jpg

Was the old one undersized by default, or has someone swapped in an inadequate radiator at some point?

It's probably the same radiator used in the 525i.

Also, i request a pic of the clean engine bay! :)

The old one is actually good enough, but mine was broken so I installed the "heavy-duty" type (only found in cars sold in South Africa afaik) :)
I'll post a photo of the clean engine bay tomorrow after I've washed the car!

Last edited:
I've ordered a new fuel-pressure-regulator to see if that could help on the cold-start problem. I've also started thinking about buying an extra engine for long-term N/A tuning..
Bad weather lately so no wash or photos :(

God damn! Unable to edit my first post now :cry:

"The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 43829 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message."

My inner Math geek is delighted that the forum seems to take the medium length of a month as a limit. :D

Haven't had much time to do too much on the car lately, but I have done some small stuff :)

Things I've done lately:

Replaced rotor and distributor cap.
New radiator installed.
Fuel pressure-regulator.

And these arrived today! :D:mrgreen:

20140508_185551-1.jpg

BC-Racing BR-series coilovers.
I've got new hubs ready but I'm still waiting for the brake disc shield thingy before installing.

Last edited:
I love boats, but only on water. This car won't be a boat on land anymore after this and of course you'll get the chance to drive it :D

Small update!

Haven't done much to the car in a while now, but I installed some rear speakers a couple of days back. Only took one photo so that's all I'll share :rolleyes:

Had to remove the rear seats to install new cables from headunit to the speakers. Stole some speakers and mounting brackets from a donor-car :cool:

20140515_180751.jpg

The speakers I got are best with an amp so I'm currently looking for a decent but cheap 4ch 120w or so

Also went to a streetmeet with Adrian, suddenly this happened..

_DSC5994-2-2.jpg

Installing my BC-Racing coilovers tomorrow or on wedensday, and I'm really looking forward to getting it a little lower and stiffer since it's currently like a boat on roads :lol:

Last edited:
Got the BC's installed, bring on the flaming and hatred against lowered cars! :cool:

IMG_4162-2.jpg

I'm getting some spacers for the front.

IMG_4176.jpg

Just slightly too low in the back for my taste, but otherwise it looks great. Any lower and you'd only get worse.

agree with ice.. i would raise rear a bit..

We'll see how it is, I'm going to soften the rear shocks a bit more and maybe raise it a cm or so. I need to see how it performs with passengers on board first :D

Lift the tail up just a notch and it looks great :) At least don't get it any lower than that or it'll be too much.

Holy shit that E34 looks awesome on those pics.

Got some spacers today so I could drop it a bit more in the front. I'll test-lower the rear some day too, just to see whats possible :)

20140528_141117.jpg

20140528_141123.jpg

I was stupid enough not to notice that the shadow was casting the wrong way... I'll take some new photos later :D