Ownership Verified: My Inca Yellow sports saloon...

You're a complete and utter fucking idiot.

I approve.

Now sell the green POS and do as the other guys said.

One question though. Instead of wasting money on these dumb car projects why aren't you saving to get the hell out of that toxic atmosphere you live in?

Or are you just going to live in that attic until you inherit the house and then live alone with a street of non-running Triumphs outside? The male gearhead equivalent of the crazy cat lady.

Demented Dolomite Dude?

Matt, don't be so hard on him. I doubt you can find housing for 850 pounds.

An unfortunate case of wrong location. Lots of dirt cheap dilapidated houses in rural Wales (and the North of England) due to the coal/metal industries dying in the 1980s, way too many people and nowhere near enough jobs. Think of it as several hundred tiny Detroits scattered around the country. ;)

The 1300 is mothballed at the moment, not decided what I want to do with it, might keep it as a project car still as it costs me nothing sitting in the garage with no insurance/tax and I still want to rebuild an engine. The 1850 is now sharing daily driver duties with the Corsa to A: keep the Corsa's mileage down in an attempt to keep it's value and B: Have proper tyres for the winter. The Corsa would cost ?500 to re-wheel/tyre for winter, an extra ?300 get's you a whole new car which is far more fun. :lol: IF (note the big IF) the 1850 survives the winter fairly well it might replace the Corsa as daily driver and the 1300 would become a emergency 2nd car/welding/painting practice mobile. Main problem is that as long as I drive the Corsa the less it is worth and the harder it is to get rid of, as is the curse of finance.

But that's a long way off, it'll be decided by next spring, Winter is a shit time to sell classic cars so the 1300 is hibernating for now.

As for moving out, I was considering it but I'd have no spare cash after expenses, when the Corsa lost a wheel I realised a single big payout like that could completely fuck me over if I had the expense of a flat. I don't really have the income for it just yet, even my supervisor lives with his parents and he earns more than me! :lol:

I only meant that a joke. Along the lines of Clarkson's 166 review.

What're the chances of a Sprint joining your illustrious garage?
Until I'm 25, very slim, insurance is sky high and a decent example isn't cheap.

To be honest you only knock 3 secs off the 0-60 time and add another 15mph to the top speed when you get a Sprint. A well sorted 1850 will also get 30-35mpg, unlike the Sprint that will struggle to get 30mpg if you drive like a vicar, which you won't because the big engined Dolomites are too fun to drive fast. One issue is that every spotty teenager in a badly modified hatchback wants to race you and I don't want to floor it 'cause my alternator belt screams and that's a bit embarrassing... or was, I tightened it this afternoon, bring it on. :evil:

An Evo VI was chasing me today, obviously he got past eventually doing 100mph+, but I think the old Dolomite was doing alright for a ?850, 26 year old, 4-cylinder. :lol:

One thing it also doesn't have is hatchback versatility. :lol:
20131026_120718_1024x576.jpg

Although I did rescue the aerial from inside the inner wing (we'll see how long it lasts until some bugger snaps it off), might try testing/fitting the radio tomorrow. Also haven taken the plastic mud guards out it all looks nice and clean in the arches/inner wings, which is good
20131026_162630_576x1024.jpg

Also the engine, sorry for the shit pic, it was getting dark and I only had my phone:
20131026_162637_1024x576.jpg

Matt, don't be so hard on him. I doubt you can find housing for 850 pounds.

I was, in part. teasing. But having bought one BL money pit and complained almost ceaselessly about the way the Cap is treated by his family in his shoes I'd be doing everything I could to get out and stand on my own two feet instead of opening myself up to more parental abuse by buying a second one and postponing my freedom. It's his choice, just a surprising one to me under the circumstances.

To be honest you only knock 3 secs off the 0-60 time

"Only"...?

- - - Updated - - -

Reading the Dolomite wikipedia page.

So the Dolomite shares the body with a FWD model, and has the running gear from another RWD car. :blink:

Also, this:

Wikipedia said:
Despite BL engineers being able to extract a reliable 150 bhp (112 kW) from test engines,[5] the production line was unable to build the engines to the same level of quality

Ah, British Leyland. :lol:

So the Dolomite shares the body with a FWD model, and has the running gear from another RWD car. :blink:
The history of the Dolomite is a weird one, and it does date back to 1965 (as does the 1300 engine), there is a timeline HERE that explains it far better than I can. :lol:

Are Dolomite sprint engines easy to come by?

The history of the Dolomite is a weird one, and it does date back to 1965 (as does the 1300 engine), there is a timeline HERE that explains it far better than I can. :lol:

"Triumph 1500TC launched. Visually almost identical to the 1500, but now rear-wheel-drive."

Mmm yeah let's just rework the entire drivetrain for a "TC" model. Good idea, Jeeves. Get to it.

So that's where MG Rover got the inspiration for their 75 V8 :lol:

"Triumph 1500TC launched. Visually almost identical to the 1500, but now rear-wheel-drive."

Mmm yeah let's just rework the entire drivetrain for a "TC" model. Good idea, Jeeves. Get to it.

So that's where MG Rover got the inspiration for their 75 V8 :lol:

Yeah, the model range was incredibly inefficient until the "Dolomite" range of cars came up in 1975, at least then they all shared the same bodyshell and a lot of the drivetrain with the main difference being trim and engines. Of course by then it was too late, the Dolomite sold well but it looked dated by the mid-70s even if the underpinnings of the competing Hillman Avenger, Vauxhall Chevette or Mk4 Cortina, weren't that much younger. They rationalised the range far too late, had they launched that range in 1970 (or even 1973 with the Sprint) it'd would have saved vast sums of money in the long run.

Andeh said:
I want a Triumph 1300. Much more plus and better looking than a Dolly IMO.
1300fwds have a nicer interior I grant you, but the gearing is far too low. 60mph isn't much fun even with the decent gearing of the Dolomite 1300, the engine is doing nearly 4000rpm (I reckon comparing to the 1850 that does about 3,400rpm)!

I also reccomend to part out/sell the green one, then use the cash to keep Colonel Mustard rolling.

Kinda relevant movie.

[video=youtube;iyVAVdqyt-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyVAVdqyt-A[/video]