Ownership Verified: My Italian soft-top, rarer than a 599 GTO.

I forgot, outside lane of a dual-carriageway, Tranny van outside lane on opposite side. It's raining and he hits a puddle, it engulfed the car... I was partially blind. :(

Because i live in a pre-H4 world, I have no idea which way my new 'Xenon' bulbs go in... or which way the plug is supposed to be.

Because i live in a pre-H4 world, I have no idea which way my new 'Xenon' bulbs go in... or which way the plug is supposed to be.

"Xenon" bulbs? Do you have a link to them or something?

"Xenon" bulbs? Do you have a link to them or something?

XENON!!! ;)

As this highly detailed pic shows, (As if you were sat in the engine bay looking forward) the top diagram is how the bulbs were. The bottom is how I did it, seemed to be the only way the bulbs would lock into place. :confused:

http://img684.imageshack.**/img684/9823/fsdfsfa.jpg

Also my OS headlight has a hole bang in the centre of it. :cool:

:mad:

Last edited:
That's not xenon, that's just a painted halogen bulb. :) The blue paint makes the light look whiter, but since it accomplishes that by filtering out some of the warmer colors you ultimately end up with LESS light.

And there is (or should be, anyway) one (or a couple) little nubs or recesses in the metal "ring". They should line up with little guide nubs in the reflector.

IIRC, the bulb should be positioned so that the little spoon shaped mirror inside the bulb is at "6 o'clock".

You could also try parking the car facing a wall and fiddling around until it looks alright on low-beam.

This is what it's supposed to look like:

eJ7LN.jpg

But mirrored for your right hand drive lights, of course.

You could also try parking the car facing a wall and fiddling around until it looks alright on low-beam.

This is what it's supposed to look like:

Yeah, good luck with trying that on the worlds least effective headlights. :(
Just drove home with the lights on and nobody flashed me, so I assume i have them in right.
Having said that, they still aren't exactly bright.

Some possibly "great news" :may: I was driving home, in 4th, and because i'm lazy. I slowed down to just under 20mph. The car obviously didn't like this and started to judder/stall. The battery light started flickering like crazy and eventually I sped up enough to stop the judder. More importantly, the battery light went out... like completely. :cool:
The headlight wiring does have something else piggybacked onto them as I discovered today. But heres hoping the light stays out.

EDIT: Ricambio's 'UK' store replied to me, they can get the support (Which we knew) but not the straps. They said they could try to find them in Italy, but it'd take time.
Their Ebay.it still havent replied back about that support with delivery. Which doesn't matter now that I know I can get it from their UK store.

Avanti, you are now the worlds only hope. In procuring rubber straps. :p

Last edited:
I will try not to let you down... :-D

You won't be letting me down, but Peppy the Panda would be upset. (He's not called Peppy. :D )

It's ICE week, here at Aston Towers.

Which high quality headunit, do I go for?

The Auna

or the ironically named Dignity

The Dignity comes with a remote control!!! Which is not needed in a Panda and I think the Aura looks better. But the Dignity has an aux input.

Dignity on Polish Youtube, faceplate hard to put on... not great when I need a removable.

Can't find anything on the Auna.

In random Panda news:

100_0717_0001.JPG

100_07181.JPG

Last edited:
Ordered:

Aerial.
Locking fuel cap and...

$(KGrHqNHJE!E92ClN+7LBPgKtb(zLg~~60_12.JPG

Fucking speaker pods!!!

Speaker wise I can only go 10cm, so was thinking of these.

Linky

I don't like the fact that the cone and blue thingy, might be seen through the grille.

Started the Fuelly challenge.

26.64 litres
?1.38 Avg. Price/Litre
?36.68 Avg. Price/Fuel-up

Started the Fuelly challenge.

26.64 litres
?1.38 Avg. Price/Litre
?36.68 Avg. Price/Fuel-up

If your browse that website you'll be able to find my Yaris and Kajun's Landy. :) The site only really works properly if you always brim the tank, but that's how I run my car anyway.

If your browse that website you'll be able to find my Yaris and Kajun's Landy. :) The site only really works properly if you always brim the tank, but that's how I run my car anyway.

Yeah, as soon as the pump died I stopped. So I probably coulda got another half litre in the neck, but this means when I refill it, I know it'll stop in the same position. Should last me a month.

I stuck a flake in my Italian Soft top and called it a 99. (Brit joke).

With sauce and nuts?

If your browse that website you'll be able to find my Yaris and Kajun's Landy. :)

Whoops, forgot to remove that.I'll probably just leave it for people to have a quick laugh.

Whoops, forgot to remove that.I'll probably just leave it for people to have a quick laugh.

17? Remember Jeremys 928? :D... Oh well, Kajuns problem now. :lol:

How does Fuelly class 'highway'? are we talking 70MPH motorway?
Also, I think the Yaris will easily beat my MPG.

Guess it depends on how you drive. I regularly hit 60mph in 3rd gear, especially if I'm trying to keep up with my supervisor's 58 plate 1.6 Focus... :evil: The other day I offered a co-worker a lift home and somebody who has been my passenger a few times advised him to fasten his 3-point safety harness and bring a crash helmet... No idea why. :angel:

I treat "highway" as standard A-Road driving, around the local area the traffic flow can be anywhere between 70mph and 20mph (stuck behind a tractor for 5 miles) so it is hard to work out. :lol:

What the good captain is trying to say is that the nearest proper motorway for him is about 150 km's away :p

Regarding fuel economy - see my signature.