Ownership Verified: My Italian soft-top, rarer than a 599 GTO.

Went to autojumble, just bought wheels from a Lancia Monte Carlo.

This type...

Lancia-Beta-Monte-Carlo.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh stupid bloody Pandai.
Fronts are close to the min tread depth, so that's two new tyres at 42 quid a pop.

After balancing, Vat, whatever nonsense on-top.

?101.81.

Last edited:
Whatever you do, never get a modern car. Maintenance will kill you.

You realise many people spend more than that per tyre? :p

But it was unexpected.

Whatever you do, never get a modern car. Maintenance will kill you.

Who needs a modern and safe car? :p

My back tyres were put onto the front, when I turn they squeal like i'm an extra in The Sweeney.
And it also sounds like a heat shield is hanging off too.

Its 25 degrees outside, so I tret him to a carwash. He tret me with the usual misery and sorrow.

Opened the bonnet, the washer bottle lid has vanished. The exhaust-esque rattle, I rocked the car and water started to piss out from somewhere. :confused: It couldn't have been from the washer bottle, but was in the vicinity.
Ah, the cold air feed/drain pipe thing for the passenger vent was under the spare wheel and just gallons of water was spurting out of it. The nozzle end, was clogged with crap. After a clean out and put back in it's proper place all is well.

The exhaust does hit the body of the car, but only when forced. So maybe thats solved. The passenger side front wheel has top-to-bottom wheel play, only slightly mind you. Not worth it getting checked yet.

In other bad news...

http://img21.imageshack.**/img21/8103/1qwx.jpg

Potentially "Great news." :james:
Hand over the exhaust, no pressure at all. Then it starts screaming from somewhere towards the front end.

Exhaust manifold leaking from gasket.
Haven't got time to fix it today.

So went to get the gasket, got home and decided to WD the nuts while the engine is hot.
That's strange I thought, this first nut isn't even tight.

As I couldn't be bothered to go into the depths of the shed, I used a quarter inch socket set... NOT one nut was tight, I undid them all by hand and an extension. I probably coulda just tightened everything down, but as I already had the gasket I might as well do it.

I haven't taken it off yet as it's 4000 degrees, but all I can assume is my very leaky engine has lubed the nuts and the engine shaking about has done the rest.

Ok, no way I'm taking the cat and downpipe off. It'll all shear into a million pieces. I just tighten everything down... He's fixed for free and no bodges.

Herbie rides again...

MOT in a couple of weeks. :woot:
Bottom ball joint/steering related issue. Sills rotten... a year after they were welded. Floor rotten and a sidelight bulb out.
Thats just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Sills rotten... a year after they were welded.
Someone did a crap job there.

In more positive news, all of FG's Ringmeet was astonished by how capable an original Panda with two Italians and all of their luggage in it proved around the Ring.

In more positive news, all of FG's Ringmeet was astonished by how capable an original Panda with two Italians and all of their luggage in it proved around the Ring.

I couldn't find a pic in the thread. :(

When they were welded, were they actually protected, or do you just have bare metal? :blink:

A little of both I assume.

Last edited:

He's 20 years old today. (Registered on this day.)

As a birthday treat, he just rolled over to 115,000 miles. :cool: