Ownership Verified: My its_not_a_golf ev (2020 VW id3)

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
VW id3, Honda NM4 Vultus
Lol, bought it!

It is 2020 VW id3 1st max -edition, in makena turquoise color.

Since we had a gear.fi trackday coming 2 days after i bought the car, i sorta had to lap the ev.

While i went to the dB measuring (public trackday -brah), i had i laught with the guy measuring the car noice, we even suggested that we shout, but he managed to get reading of the aircon at 60dB.
Track official in a pickup had something against overheating ev's, "you must immediately drive the car to pits if yours overheats", and then he tells me about some tesla that was so overheated it couldn't be able to touch for 8h while it cooled down. o_O

@Raparperi arrived in rental ev to take photos, so i had to park next to him.

Of course the day the trackday was, i could not get into the car without using the mechanical key, nor would the car find the keyfob in the car "look manual for more info".
So i did look into manual for forcing car to start, which wasn't in the "key" or "starting the vehicle", but in a random tidbit about the cupholders. o_O
Got the car on, but the rear doors or truck could not be opened :D

After some misting of the track by @Anesthesia i volunteered to drive them home, and @Anesthesia drove the car to Turku and liked the car.

@DaBoom had a small drive from track to burgers, too short to come conclutions about the vehicle.
Where due to some fuckup (most likely from my side) we had to result to the manual unlock of the charging port.
Note that we had to "knife" the trunks emergency release lever to open the trunk to access the emergency lever D:

What i have gathered about the consumption:
- ~15kWh/100km @ 80km/h
- ~20kWh/100km @ 100km/h
- ~25kWh/100km @ 120km/h

proofpic tm

proofpic tm

YES! I'm looking forward to every new car to have the aliens guy be your signature proof of ownership thing. :D

Exciting stuff, so that's what, 2 or 3 days of ownership before you hit the track? Good man. <3

You're now a member of the Brightly Coloured German Hatchback Appreciation Society :clap:

need that shirt, and i also sorta don't need my diesel brothers shirt anymore ;_;

YES! I'm looking forward to every new car to have the aliens guy be your signature proof of ownership thing. :D

Exciting stuff, so that's what, 2 or 3 days of ownership before you hit the track? Good man. <3

got it last friday, so on the second day of ownership.

apparently the local EV fb group had a update there already :D

I had no idea you can buy these things already! I never saw one in person so far, and it seems to be quite cool. I like the fact VW didn't just make another electric Golf, but designed more or less the whole thing to be an EV from the beginning.

Love the teal/silver combo as well, it looks simultaneously 90s retro and 2020s futuristic.

I had no idea you can buy these things already! I never saw one in person so far, and it seems to be quite cool. I like the fact VW didn't just make another electric Golf, but designed more or less the whole thing to be an EV from the beginning.

Love the teal/silver combo as well, it looks simultaneously 90s retro and 2020s futuristic.

They're very similar.

volkswagen-golf-8-edit1-1-1524857914.jpg

2020_volkswagen_golf_21.jpg

Some design traits and details, yes, I agree, but the overall shape is quite different. The ID3 is more of an MPV compared to the classic hatchback Golf.

Some design traits and details, yes, I agree, but the overall shape is quite different. The ID3 is more of an MPV compared to the classic hatchback Golf.

Yeah, I see it now. It more resembles a Kia Soul I think.

Very interesting, and good colour choice (not a Finland-white camouflage paintjob)!

I'm looking forward to the stories of your real-world experience with this. Is this the top model with the half-decent top speed or one of the real slow ones? :p

Very cool! Love the color.

Did you get a VW charging package with it, so you can use Ionity for long distance driving without paying stupid prices?

VW gives 1 year worth of charging (600eur, so 2 MWh of ionity) for every 1st edition, so i can charge for free.

That is if they manage to give the card, since apparently cards had delivery issues :rolleyes:

Very interesting, and good colour choice (not a Finland-white camouflage paintjob)!

I'm looking forward to the stories of your real-world experience with this. Is this the top model with the half-decent top speed or one of the real slow ones? :p

There was only 1 motor/battery combo for this beta tester edition, so 150kW power engine and 58kW battery.
I went for the max version which has all the options, but could not select interior color or rims.

and i will keep you guys posted with all the things wrong with it :D

Your ID3 looks wicked cool, we're picking up a Tesla Model this week but its a lease so I'm definitely looking at EVs from other brands once we return that car.

Hell yeah! Welcome to the future man :D

Right colour and everything, nice. Only reason I didn't get one of these, really, is because VW were just too damn slow...

Very jealous! Even the rims and color is spot on!

Consumption seems to be quite high, I get around 15 kwh/100 kms with mixed driving... maybe it's just the new thing or getting used to the car and way of driving.... should be lower....

yeah this needed to be here :ROFLMAO:

Very jealous! Even the rims and color is spot on!

Consumption seems to be quite high, I get around 15 kwh/100 kms with mixed driving... maybe it's just the new thing or getting used to the car and way of driving.... should be lower....

Thanks!
looking at the 2 spritmonitor readings, 15,5kWh/100km is the current consumption, but that includes a trackday.

Your ID3 looks wicked cool, we're picking up a Tesla Model this week but its a lease so I'm definitely looking at EVs from other brands once we return that car.

Thanks, the color was the thing that got me into the car .......2,5 years ago, waiting on your tesla updates.

Hell yeah! Welcome to the future man :D

Right colour and everything, nice. Only reason I didn't get one of these, really, is because VW were just too damn slow...

Color is lovely :3

While i went to the dB measuring (public trackday -brah), i had i laught with the guy measuring the car noice, we even suggested that we shout, but he managed to get reading of the aircon at 60dB.

Luckily I got a few shots of the operation :-D

141621.jpg

141635.jpg

141639.jpg