Ownership Verified: My its_not_a_golf ev (2020 VW id3)

Me too.
Also, @Galantti needs to update his signature.

Still missing a laptime for the id3. And should the "to" be there between "Join" and "the" ?

Curious as to how driver aids work in a car like this.

Remember, this is 2020 and people are no longer used to driving RWD vehicles. Gearheads yes, but normal people, no way. And here we have what's meant to be the successor to the Golf, all of a sudden with RWD and with tons of instant torque to break the rear wheels loose if you aren't careful. I would imagine that VW put lots of thought into the traction control system on this one.

Don't know how it works, (magic? witchcraft?) but it just works flawlessly. It corrected me twice, letting me have a little bit of slip angle without taking all the fun away. No wheelspin either, despite WOT.
My eGolf is primitive by comparison, it has a half a second of wheelspin (because FWD FTL) before it cuts power.

Tesla's system is out of this world. Doesn't matter the circumstances (type of road, wet or dry, amount of power used), it WILL NOT SPIN. Also AWD.

Update time!

have driven 1500km now, and only thing that has happened was sudden "BRAKE!" when i had cruise on, and passing a greenlight intersection, the car just yelled me to brake and then continued like everything was normal.

I asked about having a charging station at home, and apparently the electrical substation our apartment has needs to be upgraded, which won't happen untill 2025. They even looked on having 3-4 charging spots, but those cannot be added because old not powerful enough substation is the issue.

so i guess i'll just charge at work or hypermarkets (about 50mins in the 50kW DC, which would be ~10eur if i didn't have the free charging card from vw) in the mean time.

Some places in the maps have outdated speedlimits, so the car thinks its 120 zone, while it actually is 80 zone, which it promply detech.

Update time!

have driven 1500km now, and only thing that has happened was sudden "BRAKE!" when i had cruise on, and passing a greenlight intersection, the car just yelled me to brake and then continued like everything was normal.

It's just reminding you what driving school was like.

Sucks about the home charger, it really is such a nice feeling leaving every day with a full battery... But your way works too.

The speedlimit thing is a known bug with ID3s they're working on solving it

Last edited:
another day another update!

Morning went to car to drive to work, and the central screen was black, it would show me aircon stuff and reversin cam, but no media/gps/vehicle settings.

So i drove to work it silence.... with my own thoughts.....

scary i say to you, even if its in the morning.

And when i left my work to drive back home, i got this notification on the screen (which now worked):

which loosely translates into "program update, don't use car when update is going."
so i ignored the update and drove to supermarket, and afterwards there was no update showing, maye it updated idk.

haha love it :-D

ITCrow.jpg

Apparently that might even work?
Can't imagine driving to work in total silence though...with no engine noise and hardly any road/wind noise, the silence is palpable...

Can't imagine driving to work in total silence though...with no engine noise and hardly any road/wind noise, the silence is palpable...

At least Finnish asphalt provides plenty of road noise. Which makes the whole situation even worse of course.

ITCrow.jpg

At least Tesla is like Windows in that regard - reboot fixes like 90% of issues. I’ve had the odd black screen a few (like 3) times, which is super disconcerting if that’s literally the only Display the car has. It would drive, but without blinker noises etc, very weird! Luckily reboot fixed it, but that sure was an exciting few minutes ?‍♂️

ITCrow.jpg

yeah, turn off, or turn of for 15mins.

At least Finnish asphalt provides plenty of road noise. Which makes the whole situation even worse of course.

yeah, the noise of ring roads.

Make your own.... vrooooom!

i did.....

haha love it :-D

:D

Have you tried taking the battery out to let reset? ;)

At least Tesla is like Windows in that regard - reboot fixes like 90% of issues. I’ve had the odd black screen a few (like 3) times, which is super disconcerting if that’s literally the only Display the car has. It would drive, but without blinker noises etc, very weird! Luckily reboot fixed it, but that sure was an exciting few minutes ?‍♂️
*cough* someone needs a new car thread *cough*

Another post another update!

i have driven 2k km with the car.
saturday the HUD didn't turn on, untill i rebooted the car (aka left from the place i was visiting).

Qualität.