My Lada 2107 Racecar Project

Well, a 4-5 kg battery isnt the most effective for weight distribution :D . I dont have place at the front, cos of the twincarbs :) . Thats was the main problem :D .

This is why you should never trust any expert that he had measured the clearence between the flywheel and the clutch...
http://img262.imageshack.**/img262/1461/kupge0.jpg
http://img249.imageshack.**/img249/1065/csavpz0.jpg
The bolts loosent up, and the flywheel made strange sounds, but I stopped the engine immediatly, so hopefully nothing bad happend... :(

Btw, I wanted to know what my cars putting out, so I asked my friend to help me test the car. His car is a 2 liter VTEC Honda Prelude (~150 hp), and we made a little "drag race". And I was surprised! I was keeping up with him untill the end of third gear! His car is ~1100 kg, mine is much less, so obviously the engine isnt puting out 150 hp :) But I'm satisfied :)

Last edited:
Today we measured the clutch plate, and it needs fixing, but other than that, everything is ok, so I'm a happy bunny :lol: .

Btw forgot to show you what I got:
igc_unit.jpg

vgc_4_30.jpg

I hear you ask: whats this? Well, Its a computer guided ignition system ;) . The ignition in my car is normal with springs that set the timing. Now, this can go to the trashcan :) With this, I can draw my own ignition map.

I'm also planing to get a lambda sensor, cos setting these carbs at an expert costs a LOT! So instead I'l buy a sensor, and a monitor, and I can set the thing my self :) . I need a carburator syncroniser as well, but that is expensive :( Cheapest I found was 55 pounds :( .

This technology is worthy of any car IMHO, draw your own ignition map - wonderful. You've done a great job so far, keep up the good work. Remember a vid of your car going around the Ring would be so appreciated, when you think that you'r ready of course. Actually, any track time on vid would be good, do not forget us.

how weird it sounds to have electronics on a lada engine :D

nice buy

and you can always make a synchro yourself, not that hard (but not that good either)

one of my friends bought one online not that long ago, for not that much money. i'll ask him where and post here

Last edited:
That's really quite scary, and impressive. I'm kinda sorry that we never got many Ladas over here... That's an amazing car, keep at it!

Hope the flywheel and clutch are ok :)

That ignition system looks nice, small and easy! How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

It costed 50-50 euro. I think its not to expensive, and its a very usefull tool :) .

Bone, yep :( I did one, with a simple vacuummeter, but it needs smoothing, and I dont know how to do that :( . Well, I hope I can get one somewhere.

It costed 50-50 euro. I think its not to expensive, and its a very usefull tool :)
That's cheap! It seems it's only available in Hungary tho :(
Well it's not like I don't have enough stuff to think about already so I'll worry about it later ;)

^ Hehe :) . The only problem is that the program is in hungarian :( .

so hey when will we see pics of the lada with those red rims?

Sooo... My carb was not set up perfectly, witch is not a surprise :) . If somebody has a carb like this (Weber DCOE; Dellorto DHLA) than he knows what I mean. A guy would set it up for me for around ~ 100 euro, so I sad no thanks. But I bought a book...

hw-bld_pwr-tune-wbr_dlrt-01.jpg

So, now I can learn the art of tuning a carb :) . Lets hope the best.

Do you have the synchro-meters (can't think of the english word)?

I'm currently rebuilding mine (downdraught ones), so please show us your progress!

^ Not yet, but I finded a "cheap" one. Its around 25 pound. NOBODY has got synchrometer here... :? . So I need to buy it:
12_1_b.JPG

Beni What carb do you have? Dellorto's?

no, they are Webers, 36 DCNF. I don't know of anyone who uses Dellortos, there might not be a suitable manifold and you can't use sidedraughts either without modifying the body.

that meter is for only one carb at a time, right?

I was thinking about something like this for 80? (would share them with a friend):
http://img367.imageshack.**/img367/4566/10034115910by2.jpg

Oh, inspired by you, I bought this book (not here yet):

http://img127.imageshack.**/img127/8135/243124xi0.jpg

Last edited: