My Lada 2107 Racecar Project

mancs

Car(s)
Lada 2107 (only race), VW Golf MKII
I dont know what you are talking about :mrgreen: (btw yeah.. corrected :) )

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
:cheers:
But seriously: I thought you needed more then 210hp in a car that heavy to be able to drift.

mancs

Car(s)
To properly drift (big angles, lots of smoke) you do need more hp :) But for having fun, just put on some 195/50/15 tyres, and bang on :wheelchair:

mancs

Car(s)
Hi guys!

So I done a little bit of thinking in the past few months, and decided, that its no use to build the car with the fiat engine, witch can put out 180 hp with a lot of tuning. So I sold the fiat engine, and bought an SR20DET:

Its going to get an S15 turbo, bigger injectors, some management system, and E85, so around 250-300 hp maybe? Also, for this engine power, I'm buying an S13 rear suspension, so I'm heading in a new direction, and so far, so good. Although the chassis is sitting on the rotisserie, didnt have any time, so nothing new :(

Hemihead

Car(s)
Vaz 21023, Peugeot 605 SV24, Ford Mondeo 3.0 Ghia
Nothing beats the sound of dual Webers howling. :D

mancs

Car(s)
Thanks guys!

I cant wait so make some noise with the engine as well, I miss it so much! I scheduled some race's, and drift practise day's, so hopefully I can enjoy driving again! I hope we can make some footage as well ;)

mancs

Car(s)
2101 almost ready to roll:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

175/50 on 13x6.5. Fenders need some bashing, because it barely fitts... :)
:cool:

gh227

Car(s)
Lada Riva
Just joined this site and loving your car. I am rebuilding my rally Lada in the UK but parts supply is difficult. Do you know any good places or web sites in Hungary that I could get parts. I need a VFTS body kit and suspension bushes for now. Any help would be much appreciated.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
no one "needs" a bodykit

mancs! still alive? been a while since we last got an update?

Last edited:

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
I love the new wheel color!

mancs

Car(s)
Hi guys, long time...

There are a lot of changes going on in my life at the moment. In a jiffy:

I moved to an own flat, so I have no garden, garage etc to work in, my car is more than 50km from me, so the lada project is on halt. Me and my friends are starting a company, so money is needed for that more than my cars :) I sold the sr20 engine, broke the 2101 to parts, the 2107 is still on the stand, waiting for another sr20, but not in the next few years.

Although I bought a ford sierra estate! :) 2.0 DOHC 125 hp and it has an original viscous LSD (not to good actually). Originally I bought if for the winter, but I took it out for a little minirally event, and its actually quite fun with small tyres. BTW its a very VERY low budget car! Everything is done by a friend of mine. Its fun to finally drive and not build something... So far the only modifications are cut springs, and increased steering angle. I'm trading my current suspension for a ford scorpio suspension (30mm wider), and getting a welded diff as well.

I also traded some of my lada parts for an intercooler, turbo, piping etc, so in the spring it will get another engine (2.0 zetec), and a turbo ;) So it will get much much stronger.

Some pics, and vids:

[video=youtube;I-2DqDo5wZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-2DqDo5wZA[/video]
[video=youtube;3z-QOGb8q8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z-QOGb8q8s[/video]

If the is interest in the wagon I will post updates ;)